5th Annual: Help Us Build a Buck: Fixed Blade (Giveaway)

Choose the fixed blade model.

• Buck 104 Compadre

Votes: 59 47.2%
  • Buck 105 Pathfinder

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • Buck 119 Special

Votes: 23 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
At first I went with the 105 by instinct. However, after reading that a 104 in a stainless steel and without coating were options, I changed my vote.

Would it be possible to do a 104 in a stain resistant steel, but with thinner stock?

Yeah, too bad... maybe someday now that it has received some attention. I never even knew they existed.

I hope they can make the 104 look nice. I'm not seeing the trees through the woods yet. I have a couple and they work hard, but they aren't as elegant as the 105.

I’d love to see the compadre series or really any fixed blade done in zombie green. You can put me down for three of them.

8qQKQD9.jpg

This Punk is just as bright as the strider knife above. The colors got washed out a bit for some reason.

XZoRYxY.jpg

Gedlicks that’s not exactly what I had in mind but those are awesome. The compadre series in a chartreuse yellow cerokote and black diamond wood or micarta scales.

The 105 is my favorite, most carried and used Buck fixed blade. Went with same, however the 104 really tested my decision.

Mirror polished S35VN and checkered Ebony would look classy..I like mirror polished blades for any food preparation and its held up very well in the 111 club knife I've used since 2007.

I’m hoping for s35vn satin or stone wash blade. I’m leaning toward a high flat or full flat grind but wouldn’t turn down what they currently build. I’m not sure which would be better as I haven’t had a larger blade in flat grind only a saber grind on a thin blade. The 1989 301 stockman I have is flat grind and seems to do well on basic utility work but not so good when used on heavier materials where as the 2017 301 hollow grind seems to be much better on the same materials.

When the Blade Steel Poll comes (if necessary) S35VN will get my #1 vote.
If cost becomes an issue, my 2nd choice is 5160 because of the toughness and durability of spring steel, but with BLACK Cerakote.
OG

They can stamp CPM-154 so that would be my choice at the moment. I could be swayed by something exotic that we haven't used on a Buck before.

A steel to keep the price down. A lot of great steels out there. Some are fairly expensive some are not. What steel will be easy to maintain an edge out in the field? That's the best steel I'm hoping for.

A steel to keep the price down. A lot of great steels out there. Some are fairly expensive some are not. What steel will be easy to maintain an edge out in the field? That's the best steel I'm hoping for.

Yep, easy to sharpen and toughness are what I'm looking for in a camp styled knife. Cost isn't quite as big a factor to me as long as the price is comparable to similar knives with the same steel, but keeping it reasonable is always a plus!

Back