5th Annual: Help Us Build a Buck: Fixed Blade (Giveaway)

Choose the fixed blade model.

• Buck 104 Compadre

Votes: 59 47.2%
  • Buck 105 Pathfinder

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • Buck 119 Special

Votes: 23 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Any updates on this project?
^^ this...just checking back in myself making sure I didn't miss any updates, but doesn't seem so in this thread or any others (new or existing) that I can see. First time following along one of these build scenarios, so uncertain the time frames but don't want to miss the chance to pick one up! Thanks all!

SK Blades posted on their face book on the 16th. With some options of cover materials for a 301.

Sure hope all is OK with Stephen :oops:
His profile shows he hasn't been seen for almost a month :eek:
Does anyone know anything for certain that might be shared?
More concerned about him and his family :( than simply curious about what's happening with the knife.
OG

I just emailed him...I'll let you know what he say's if/when he responds...
Hey all! All is well over here. I didn't realize it had been so long since I'd been on. Been a busy month for me, and I've been waiting and waiting on Buck to get me the final say that the 104 is ready to go. They have a new process in the factory that requires the knife to go through a long pilot test and sample creation whenever something "new" is requested. Between that, family and a few other projects, I lost track of you all.

I appreciate the concern and care. Hope you all are well too!

As for updates, I've been shown some samples on the handles. Here is a photo.

The top is bead blasted and oiled, the middle is stone washed and oiled, and the bottom is raw. From what I'm told, the bead blast provides the most grip when finished, so I that is the route we plan to take.

It appears that the middle hander is richer in color, but I believe that is just a lighting thing.9e984f9f-b121-4108-bcb7-2a2e73c6fe45.jpg

Last edited:
Hey all! All is well over here. I didn't realize it had been so long since I'd been on. Been a busy month for me, and I've been waiting and waiting on Buck to get me the final say that the 104 is ready to go. They have a new process in the factory that requires the knife to go through a long pilot test and sample creation whenever something "new" is requested. Between that, family and a few other projects, I lost track of you all.

Good to hear from you and I’m glad all is well!

As for updates, I've been shown some samples on the handles. Here is a photo.

The top is bead blasted and oiled, the middle is stone washed and oiled, and the bottom is raw. From what I'm told, the bead blast provides the most grip when finished, so I that is the route we plan to take.View attachment 1139167

Sounds good to me! The bead blasted looks the best to me anyways. I’m happy it’s going to have a bit of texture to it for grip.

:thumbsup:
The bead blast is gonna be GREAT :cool:

Top two look good. This will be a nice knife. Glad all is well. :thumbsup:

"a long pilot test" is probably a good idea. Work the kinks out before they hit the market.

Does Buck still stamp their D2 or is it too dang hard?

stonewashed catches my eye better, but no issue with any.....

looking forward to this knife.....

That stonewashed is definitely an eye catcher! That little bit of extra shine at the top of it is throwing me off though. I'm liking how matte the handle is going to look. This is going to be a sweet knife!

The 104 has been in production, i would have thought pilot testing was already done????

I was gonna vote for the 501 since I have one from the 1960's, early 70's. Looks like I missed the boat, but that's ok.

Have a blessed,

Leon

Back