5th Annual: Help Us Build a Buck: Fixed Blade (Giveaway)

Choose the fixed blade model.

• Buck 104 Compadre

Votes: 59 47.2%
  • Buck 105 Pathfinder

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • Buck 119 Special

Votes: 23 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That’s kind of a toss up, I like them both and either one would suit me fine. Is there a chance we could have a choice so that if one person prefers a snap or without?

Yea, this is kind of a tossup for me. I love the idea of providing a local craftsman with the work, and don't mind paying extra for it. But on the other hand, I would prefer a snap and I worry that the extra $10 could put this knife out of reach for folks who were already stretching their budget.

Having a choice would be nice, but not if it would complicate things too much for skblades skblades . If a choice between the two on a case by case basis isn't an option, I think I would rather go with the standard Buck sheath and save folks a little money. There are several talented leatherworkers here on the forums who could make a new sheath later down the road.

That’s kind of a toss up, I like them both and either one would suit me fine. Is there a chance we could have a choice so that if one person prefers a snap or without?
Unfortunately I'm in an all or nothing situation. Or, I could order a run of 100 Sheaths from the maker, but not sure if they'll sell.

Bit of a toss up I like the button/snap but the custom has a lot of nice aspects going for it as well. I would ultimately be fine either way I might just say opt for the nicer custom one I think more people would be disappointed with the snap the people who would be truly disappointed about the lack of the snap.

Since it's likely a third of the run will go into collections and not be used and of the rest half won't mind either shieth I would go with Bucks shieth for cost reasons and refer customers who might want the other to the 'Esteemed local Maker' to get one..

I like the bottom sheath better. Does the belt loop have some drop to it? I don't like the knife handle to ride above beltline.

I would go with the button to save the $10... because I'm probably going to get something custom suited to my tastes anyway on this one, so something functional in the interim is what I like.

But, I would have no problem paying the extra $10 either. Hip sheaths just really aren't my thing. I have worked out a rig with a carbiner and a loop of leather for drop carry, but it looks pretty janky.

So, doing a test on the snap vs other proved that we could easily take the knife out without unclasping. Not sure why this is okay for this particular knife. Also, the feel of the other is premium vs the Buck sheath. Maybe if I didn't have a comparison point I wouldn't know any better.

I am thinking the Buck button sheath for me, but not a deal breaker.

So, doing a test on the snap vs other proved that we could easily take the knife out without unclasping. Not sure why this is okay for this particular knife. Also, the feel of the other is premium vs the Buck sheath. Maybe if I didn't have a comparison point I wouldn't know any better.

Ok, now I am thinking the custom sheath for me, but not a deal breaker. :confused: (And I will defer to those that the extra money puts the knife out of reach.)

Thanks for the comparison!

Back