5th Annual: Help Us Build a Buck: Fixed Blade (Giveaway)

Choose the fixed blade model.

• Buck 104 Compadre

Votes: 59 47.2%
  • Buck 105 Pathfinder

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • Buck 119 Special

Votes: 23 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My perfect one would be a 105 in Sambar Stag. Either with pommel, or crown.

I picked Pathfinder because i love the name love the size and at present is the next fixed blade i will purchase as soon as i get out of:eek:
“no purchase knife jail”:eek: Knife parole is April 1st lol. :);)

I would be happy with any. I voted for the 104 Compadre because I do not have one. Also, the 119 is currently available as a customizable model on the Buck site.

Right now I am not planning on ordering the 2019 BF knife, so even more interested in this outcome :)

For posterity my vote put the 104 at 26, the 105 at 25, and the 119 at 17. We'll see where this ends up. Thanks for the opportunity!

Last edited:
I own neither the 104 or 105.. I would be good with either but voted 105.. :D Was hoping to get into the Pathfinder Club with this knife..;) Would make a Grand entrance!!!:D:p:D
John

I've never owned a Buck fixed blade... I'd probably go for the 105

I voted for the Buck 105 Pathfinder. I had Buck USA 105 passed down to me from my father that was sharpened down to the size of a fillet knife but I made good use of it.

I voted for the Pathfinder. Looks like a classic fixed blade buck. I think this would won if it were being voted on in the traditional forum knife poll.

Thanks skblades skblades

I voted for the Pathfinder. Looks like a classic fixed blade buck. I think this would won if it were being voted on in the traditional forum knife poll.

Thanks skblades skblades
Thankfully it’s not!

I agree with Gedlicks that a checkered handle would be reeaally nice, but would rather see it on a full tang 105! The Pathfinder gets my vote.

I agree with Gedlicks that a checkered handle would be reeaally nice, but would rather see it on a full tang 105! The Pathfinder gets my vote.
Path finder is a rat tail tang and not a full tang. The only real full tang in this poll is the 104.

All are Buck Knives, so all are worthy. That said, I look at knives now for their usefulness. Owning so many already, I just don't need another big knife just to collect (got plenty of Buck 124, 120, and 119 fixed blades just for the joy of owning them - none have a job to do in my world). I voted Buck 105 (but I'd rather have a special Buck 118) - at least the 105 can be used for skinning, butchering, and packaging any big game I'm likely to shoot. OH

All are Buck Knives, so all are worthy. That said, I look at knives now for their usefulness. Owning so many already, I just don't need another big knife just to collect (got plenty of Buck 124, 120, and 119 fixed blades just for the joy of owning them - none have a job to do in my world). I voted Buck 105 (but I'd rather have a special Buck 118) - at least the 105 can be used for skinning, butchering, and packaging any big game I'm likely to shoot. OH
That's what I'm thinking. Throwing it in my hunting pack.

This is an opportunity to get a custom 104. Full tang, high carbon spring steel, has a camp knife/Bushcraft flavor. Main stream knife that has almost no attention to it in the market.. All the knives are great though.

Buck needs some more main stream full tang knives for customers who avoid the brand. Might bring Buck some attn to see a custom compadre.

Obviously, all valid points. Not trying to create an argument, but I believe the 104 has the same blade length as the 118 (shorter than the 105 by 1/2 ") and a point that might prove to at least as useful as the 105 for skinning purposes - maybe(?). I believe it probably would also handle butchering at least as well as the 105 - although the 104 blade is thicker by 0.04", it does feature 5160 and is a full tang.
I'm not a big fan of the appearance of micarta but it sure is useful when the hands get messy.
Those are the reasons that the 104 got my vote.

Back