6 inch Ti-Lite opening

Hey guys

I am a diehard CS fan and enjoy most of their products as almost all of them are built fighting tough. The 6in Ti-Lite isn't my preferred carry though, especially since i struggle to use the wave feature.

The 4in model is fine to wave on a pocket as the teeth are sharper and the quillions are closer to 90° vs the 6in model which has almost curved quillions, which tends not to open reliably and slides out of the pocket rather. Tweaking the pivot screw and lock tension hasn't helped. Don't know if the design has changed recently but mine is about 10 years old.

Anyone know of a way of improving the reliability of the wave feature on the 6in model? I can't file the teeth sharper as the steel is obviously too hard.

It still fans open nicely, something I do with my Vaquero Grande and XL recon 1, but I just can't carry it if the wave feature isn't reliable.

I'm from South Africa so returning it to CS is basically out of the question.

Any ideas?

I own several of both sizes in Titanium and aluminum. You are right the 4" waves easy but the 6" not so much. My hands are not real large but not small either and for me the blade is just to big to wave safely. If you could weaken the spring so the blade is barely retained in the body of the knife and lube/work it in real well then maybe but I would still be afraid of hurting myself(could just be me though). I find the stud works fine for me(I practice a lot), I carry a 6" EDC much of the time(I really like the larger blades in my CS Knives).

Make your motion from the pocket quick and sharp, pulling with your elbow and making sure your hand travels farther than it would when drawing a 4" version.

Back