7/7 has arrived!

SWEET! Enjoy! Factory 2nd? If so, when did you order it. I ordered my F2 April 7th, starting to get very antsy!!

Great to know this knife actually exists. Coming up to the three year mark on my order.

Great to know this knife actually exists. Coming up to the three year mark on my order.
Was yours a first? Even if it wasn't, sucks how folks who ordered after you (by over a year) are getting their knives and you aren't.

They ship a few of each model as soon as the parts are in the Survive shop.
Typically they have three models that they are shipping at once, at the moment they are the 2.7 (almost done except for perhaps a few weekly orders), the 4.1 (which seems to be mostly what they are working on) and the 7/7 (which first started shipping over a year ago but has been stuck behind the 2.7 and 4.1 in the production order).
Apparently they took an extremely large number of orders for the 4.1 and have yet to finish them all.
I bought one of the last presales for the 7/7 so mine will be one of the last shipped.

Just out of curiosity, has ANYONE on Bladeforums actually gotten a first 7/7 yet?

Ok. So they actually are out there...

Thanks for the response, and the photos.

Is that coated? Or just a trick of the light?

Ok. So they actually are out there...

Thanks for the response, and the photos.

Is that coated? Or just a trick of the light?

Sure, np :). Nope, not coated, it's the new peened finish (think bead blasted) that second gen GSOs have, Guy prefers is vs the older stone wash finish. There are no new Gen coated knives, btw, except for the GSO 4.7 in CruForge V

Btw, if you head out to Survive!'s instagram, Guy/Ellie just posted a pic of the 'newer' peened finish..

upload_2018-3-24_11-44-31.png
Cheers!

Last edited:
Mmm im not sure that it is bead blasted...doesn't bead blast increase the chance of rust because of the micro-pockets it creates? I think Survive! claim their peened finish actually increases corrosion resistance.

Sure, np :). Nope, not coated, it's the new peened finish (think bead blasted) that second gen GSOs have, Guy prefers is vs the older stone wash finish. There are no new Gen coated knives, btw, except for the GSO 4.7 in CruForge V

Btw, if you head out to Survive!'s instagram, Guy/Ellie just posted a pic of the 'newer' peened finish..

View attachment 874599
Cheers!

I’ve got two of the 4.7’s. One CruV coated, and 3V peened. Or blasted. Whatever it is.

Also a 20CV 5.1 peened. No problems with any of them.

Ordered in feb 2017 while thousands wait for over three years?

It's like being fired two days before you retire and all the fanboys thinkin, That's cool. Ouch.

It's like a black fly in your chardonnay.......

No one thinks it's cool that anyone is waiting for their knives for three years. However the 7/7 is cool.

I posted pictures not to brag or rub it in but to share with the folks that are waiting and offer a light at the end of the tunnel.

I understood why you were posting Haole. Anyone that's dealt with you would know that you'd be the last guy to flaunt anything. I hope you've been out enjoying that 7/7. Cheers man.

Nice knife! Congratulations! I had a 1rst one on ordered but gave up after 2 years.. You have a very nice and rare knife that would easily go for over $800 on ebay. That being said, do you plan to make it into a working knife or as a collector? I admit (shamefully), given the rarity of newer GSO's I use my older generation GSO's as the workers and my newer GSO's as collector shelf queens.

If I ever get my 7/7 (I’m honestly starting to have my doubts; even more so the other blades that I have on order), i plan on making it a user. If I haven’t gotten so disgusted by that time that I immediately turn around and sell it to get cash for knives just as good that you don’t have to wait three years for.

Back