7/7 weight?

Thinking of picking up my first Survive! knife. The 7/7 is appealing, just wondering what it weighs. Anyone know?

The old spec 6 is listed as 11.37 oz. I'd guess the new spec 7/7 could be between 12 and 13 Oz.

Who's got an old spec 7/7? Any of you care to WEIGH IN on this conversation???

The weight is still TBA but the new spec 5.1 is:

10.93 inches at 11.1 oz
The 7/7 is 12.46"

So (11.1 oz / 10.93) x 12.46 = 12.65 oz

Give or take though because of the differences in blade height and other variations between the two models.

In other words, right where SN put it :)

Last edited:
The weight is still TBA but the new spec 5.1 is:

10.93 inches at 11.1 oz
The 7/7 is 12.46"

So (11.1 oz / 10.93) x 12.46 = 12.65 oz

Give or take though because of the differences in blade height and other variations between the two models.

In other words, right where SN put it :)

Yer a wizard, Christian! ;) :D

Thanks guys!

Knowing some of the blades you have for comparison, I'd like to see you get one of these Luke, and give your impressions after use.

100% agree with Dave, I genuingly would be interested in your thoughts after use

~ You know me, always annoying you and hitting you up with emails asking your thoughts and opinions on various knives haha

Guy said on instagram that the finished 7/7s are 12.6oz.

So unfortunately Christian's calculations were out by .05oz :rolleyes: :p

Knowing some of the blades you have for comparison, I'd like to see you get one of these Luke, and give your impressions after use.

100% agree with Dave, I genuingly would be interested in your thoughts after use

~ You know me, always annoying you and hitting you up with emails asking your thoughts and opinions on various knives haha

So here is my dilemma(s):
After chopping with my TGLB (current belt knife) I realised (again, i've had several TGLB's lol) that it just doesn't perform where I want it to because our wood here is so HARD (;)). It's also struggles to baton anything in the 4 inch + diameter range because the grains are so twisted and gnarly. After this knowledge smacked me in the face I once again decided that I simply need a bigger tool. Introducing the Busse HUCK (I have two just waiting to be shipped). Great knife but I don't think I can carry that monster on my belt. Now i'm back at square one, I need a belt knife LOL :rolleyes:

I picked up a Swamp Rat Rodent Trail and think it will be pretty awesome, plus I take a Mora with me out bush because it weights nothing, so I've got the "slicey" knives in order and also the big wood processor. I still want something to chill on my belt for general camp work/can do everything/defense from Drop Bears/I simply like having a knife on my belt. The TGLB does that perfectly and I very much like having it around but let's be serious here, all these knives weigh a lot, which is why I asked the weight of the GSO 7/7. If I can get a knife that does the same job as my TGLB for less weight, that would be awesome. I would of already placed my order for a GSO 7/7 2nd if I could get G10 handles. I'm also considering the CPK (yet to be named survival knife) knife.

TL;DR deciding between the GSO 7/7 and the CPK "Survival Knife".

Guy said on instagram that the finished 7/7s are 12.6oz.

So unfortunately Christian's calculations were out by .05oz :rolleyes: :p

See!! He really is a wizard!! :D

Last edited:
Good buy on that rodent trail :thumbup: I was tempted, but then I would just have hacked it into another drop point lol. I don't have a 7/7 on order so I'll have to live vicariously on that model.

So here is my dilemma(s):
After chopping with my TGLB (current belt knife) I realised (again, i've had several TGLB's lol) that it just doesn't perform where I want it to because our wood here is so HARD (;)). It's also struggles to baton anything in the 4 inch + diameter range because the grains are so twisted and gnarly. After this knowledge smacked me in the face I once again decided that I simply need a bigger tool. Introducing the Busse HUCK (I have two just waiting to be shipped). Great knife but I don't think I can carry that monster on my belt. Now i'm back at square one, I need a belt knife LOL :rolleyes:

I picked up a Swamp Rat Rodent Trail and think it will be pretty awesome, plus I take a Mora with me out bush because it weights nothing, so I've got the "slicey" knives in order and also the big wood processor. I still want something to chill on my belt for general camp work/can do everything/defense from Drop Bears/I simply like having a knife on my belt. The TGLB does that perfectly and I very much like having it around but let's be serious here, all these knives weigh a lot, which is why I asked the weight of the GSO 7/7. If I can get a knife that does the same job as my TGLB for less weight, that would be awesome. I would of already placed my order for a GSO 7/7 2nd if I could get G10 handles. I'm also considering the CPK (yet to be named survival knife) knife.

TL;DR deciding between the GSO 7/7 and the CPK "Survival Knife".

I think anything between the GSO 4.1 to the GSO 6 range would be perfect for a belt knife. If I want to carry a bigger knife I'd add an extra 3/4 of an inch and go with a GSO 8. I'm not sold on the 7/7 entirely but I have a second on order. That and the 6 are the only two models I didn't get in on a preorder. The TGLB was my first Busse, extremely cool looking knife but I couldn't deal with that top guard, drove me nuts.

I think anything between the GSO 4.1 to the GSO 6 range would be perfect for a belt knife. If I want to carry a bigger knife I'd add an extra 3/4 of an inch and go with a GSO 8. I'm not sold on the 7/7 entirely but I have a second on order. That and the 6 are the only two models I didn't get in on a preorder. The TGLB was my first Busse, extremely cool looking knife but I couldn't deal with that top guard, drove me nuts.

The guard is not the reason I want to get a different belt knife but I know what you mean. For camping use it is plain annoying. It's also a bit awkward with kydex sheaths.

I really like the 6. From my understanding the 7/7 is pretty much a 6 with a full sized choil. I like that. The handle is a little funky on the 8 IMO (Although, I haven't tried it). Thinking I will go with the 7/7. I need me some G10 though, sigh. I guess I could just make my own scales.

Im with you on that...i would of snagged a 4.1 2nd by now if they were available with G10...so annoying.
I think it was Francer that pointed out that on Survive's instagram post/photos some 4.1 2nd's going out were in G10. So somehow there is a way haha.
I'm sure with patience we can both get the models we are after in G10. I might email Survive! soon and see what they can do regarding that.

Pretty sure the handle selection was limited to what they are now to speed up the whole process a bit. Too many choices and changes of mind on selections may have been an issue as well.
That being said, if you look at the latest Instagram picture from today showing those 4.1s, the first two on the left in the top picture are camo g10 and black g10 on F2cds.
Those were just put in the mail for this guy and that was the last sale date [Oct 17th] that g10 was offered as I remember.
Close! I was the person that mentioned that when ordering a 2nd you are picking through the leftovers from the original handle production run.

I'd say there's a pretty good chance to score G10 scales later, if you really like the knife. Once the 7/7s really come rolling out, maybe make a post in the 'extra supplies' thread for some, or for a swap against yours. I know you guys are down under though, so I imagine that comes with its own challenges.

I didn't used to think much of g10, but man the way Guy does it with the texturing is awesome. I definitely buy more of it from him and Ellie than anyone else, best on the market IMO.

Back