7/7

I ordered a 2nd on 4/30/17 and received a notice that it will ship tomorrow. I didn't realize it had been 90 days already. ;) I'm glad to hear some knives are shipping. Especially for you that have waited longer then me.

All good news!!!

Just for $h!ts and giggles, I've been comparing it to a few of my other knives and it's almost dead on with the SAR 6. The new 7/7 is longer and might weighs less, mostly due to the micarta vs g10 scales and thickness 7/7 is .18 and the Busse is .2. It's also very close to the Hell Razor (INFI) in length and weight, at least the one I have which has micarta scales, and the HR has a taller blade. Lastly it's also close to my USMC KA-BAR, though the USMC would have a hard time competing with the others in hard use.

The new 7/7 seems to me to be squarely in the Busse handle size and length but not in width, weight, blade height (in most cases) and overall girth. Good or bad that's up to the user. But I am really interested in seeing how the new D3v compares to INFI. If I can get some time I might try to do a shoot out between these and a few others that I have.

I also have a SAR6, and my 7/7 should be arriving today. My expectation is that the 7/7 would be a good bit lighter due to the thicker stock and convex grind on the SAR6, but I guess the saber grind will add a bit of weight.

I also have a SAR6, and my 7/7 should be arriving today. My expectation is that the 7/7 would be a good bit lighter due to the thicker stock and convex grind on the SAR6, but I guess the saber grind will add a bit of weight.

The SAR 6 is heavier but not not much heavier, though that is subjective unless we weigh both. This feeling for me might be due to the weight of the SAR 6 in the handle, at least on mine, making the knife feel lighter. It is about .02" thicker than the 7/7. I'd love to read your opinion when you get your 7/7.

According to my not super accurate kitchen scales, the 7/7 is just under 13oz, and the SAR6 is a little under 15.5oz. Both have micarta handles (paper micarta on the SAR6).

The closest Busse model to the 7/7 is definitely the DS8. It’s about half an inch longer in OAL, but the cutting edge is only about an eighth longer, and the 7/7 is perhaps half an oz heavier with a slightly more neutral balance. The 7/7 is also a bit more of a spear point rather than a drop point, and the edge is finer (although the DS8 edge is very good for a Busse, at least on my CF version). Both would be extremely handy in the kabar-style mid-sized combat knife role.

Back