7/7

I've thought about ordering another 2nd (either a 4.1 or a 7/7) but I have to admit. The thought crossed my mind, this company will fold and I'll never see the knives I ordered.

I didn't do any pre orders that have taken years. I don't have that in me. Hopefully the 90 day orders aren't six months I guess.

I dont want to derail this thread. I am excited aboit the 7/7 and my 2nd really should ship anyday. I will wait for the 7/7 for sure. I REALY want my 4.1 limited. I really think that will be the perfect knife for my needs, thinner, lighter and a little more of a fine tool over some of the others. So i am in 100% until that one shipps. But i am a little unsure about the onea that are longer out like my gso6 ans the future of everything. My fingers are crossed and best wish's for Survive! Killer knives, great suport and CS (once you get the knife), and perfect (for me) no flash all funtion design.

But back on track! I am checking my emails and cant wait for the 7/7. It will be MUCH bigger than anything i normaly use. It will either become my truck, SHTF, camp, general use knife or it might find a new home...maybe. Therr is the posibility that my $20 12" machete. In the truck might work as well (with a gso4.7 on my hip). If that is the case it would be ashame to not let someone else enjoy the 7/7.

I have never owned anything like the 7/7. So it will be interesting to see how i like it. When i was a kid i had a old USGI Kbar. It will be interesting to see how the 7/7 feels compaired to the old classic.

Heck, I still have my old Kabar! The original tacticool knife. :)
I too anticipate comparing it to a 7/7, but I won't use the 7/7 to dig holes like I did with the Kabar.

I have 3 on order.
Pre-order 7/7 from 3/12/16
Pre-order 5.1 from 5/9/16
2nd 4.1 from 2/8/17 (120+ days)

I'm ok with waiting because I know the knives with be perfect and amazing, but it is sometimes hard to think about not having my 5.1 until 2020. Soon I'll be too old to go into the woods anymore.

Has anyone got their 7/7 yet or even a shipment notification. Ive seen pics of them in the shop but haven't seen one in the wild yet. Im moving in july and im not sure if i should have them change the shipping address or not

Not sure when they had these available first but I ordered 03/10/2015. Nothing yet. [I have moved twice since then, too ;)]

Just showed up this morning. I didn't take any 'clean' pics, put it to work right away.

s7zIm1x.jpg

8jYHfe5.jpg

Hard to tell a lot from just an hour or so but it's definitely a fast, nimble blade and of course comfortable.

Congrats beautiful knife! Looks to be a very useable knife indeed!:thumbsup::cool:

Who'd thought that nimble dome gets his 7/7 sooner than I'd get my NASK? The Universe must be in the process of entropy clusterfark :eek: aka doomsday for those who are the dimmer bulbs :D

I am reaaaalllly tempted by the 7/7 2nd available for order on the site. There is a check box to verify you understand it could be up to 90 days. That's about 60 days beyond my ordinary level of patience, so I think I'll wait until they start to show up on the secondary market.

.... There is a check box to verify you understand it could be up to 90 days. That's about 60 days beyond my ordinary level of patience...

For reference, it said the same for my 4.1 factory 2nd and that took about 180 days. That's pretty fast by S!K standards so I'm not complaining but it does take a bit.

Your patience will be rewarded however! Every knife of theirs I own is expertly crafted and finished.

And they say things are speeding up... Take the plunge!

You could go with a slightly smaller SK6. That way you only have to put up $25, that might take some of the wait "sting" away.

Used the 7/7 all day Thursday, finished up a sheath Saturday night?! This can't be right!

L5x87Oj.jpg

I have one hell of a time with an arrowhead stamp. There's a lot of guess-timation about where the basket weave stamp gets laid in to make it happen well. I've done arrowheads before but dang, this one came out great. A-ding-dang-do! I was so bad in shop class I screwed up our candy dish project with a stupid piece of floppy plastic, it's gratifying making something that looks good with your own two mitts.

TgSm7We.jpg

That blade is a beauty, and the shears not too shabby either. Your leather work is coming along very nicely.

P.S. I'm jealous, I can't wait to get my 7/7

Back