7/7

Took my 7/7 on a nice 48-hour trip. I think this will replace my BK9 + GSO 4.7 (or similar size) combo for car camping. Here are some cell phone photos and two nice camera shots ...

IMG-1303.JPG

IMG-1367.JPG

IMG-1368.JPG

IMG-1369.JPG

IMG-1352.JPG

IMG-1325.JPG

IMG-1331.JPG

IMG-1332.JPG

IMG-1360.JPG

IMG-1347.JPG

108A8486.jpg

108A8646.jpg

WOW, Beautiful scenery, where were these taken? Thanks for the Outstanding Pictures!!!:cool::thumbsup:

Fantastic as always Lars!
The 7/7 looks pretty balanced in "real life", with longer knives at some point they can begin to look like a mini machete.
That doesn't seem to be the case with the 7/7, the handle seems to balance the blade pretty well.
Thanks for the pictures!

Fantastic as always Lars!
The 7/7 looks pretty balanced in "real life", with longer knives at some point they can begin to look like a mini machete.
That doesn't seem to be the case with the 7/7, the handle seems to balance the blade pretty well.
Thanks for the pictures!
Completely agree with the above :thumbsup:
I hadn't ever considered the 7/7 but those pics ... It really looks great.

I have a 2.7, 3.5 (old), 4.1 (old), 4.7 (3V and pre-production sample), 5.1, and the 7/7. The 7/7 instantly became my favorite. It will replace my BK9/GSO 4.7 (or similar) combo that I usually use for car camping. The size is perfect for what I use it for.

Ordered mine in September 2015... Looks like they're at least past March 2015 orders. Can't wait to get mine, and these pics aren't making it easier.

Just got my 7.7 in my hand. I am not sure it will fit my needs.

But my first impressions are...OH $#!T. I think when i unsheathed it i saw beams of light and angles sang out! Felt like i unsheathed a small sword.

One thing i didnt like initialy was the handle felt like crap. Not the shape but texture. It felt chalky, dry and "grabby". My 4.7 has a great feel to it. I was a little disapointed. But after just a day or two of handeling it it all changed. It now has a great "grippy" but smooth feel and the color really came out. I guess it just needed some of the oils from my hand. Now it is great. Just lile the 4.7.

But other than the scale texture it is not anythink like the 4.7. Honestly i thought it would just be a larger version of the 4.7. But it is a completely different knife than the 4.7. It feels SO MUCH bigger with some nice weight behind it. But still feels well ballanced and nimble. It is nothing like "a over grown 4.7". First of all the handle is just slightly larger. I like 4.7 handle better but i think the 7.7 size will work and keeps the ballance nice. The blade is very different to me. The tip is completely differnt much more pointed than the 4.7. Also there is a interesting "dip" from the top of the grip down to the jimping on the blade. Not sure if that is just a different shape or if the handle is angled differntly in relationship to the blade.

It is all very subtle differences but a very differnt feeling knife than the 4.7 i own.

You mentioned the spine contours near the jimping so I went back to look at Lar's 7/7 pictures (any excuse to look at his photography is welcome).
I had not noticed that the spine and handle rise to a point and then fall back down to the choil but it clearly shows in the pictures.
I don't recall anybody else mentioning this contour or how it changes the grip from the shorter knives.
My 7/7 presale won't ship for a while so can anybody comment based on their usage?

You mentioned the spine contours near the jimping so I went back to look at Lar's 7/7 pictures (any excuse to look at his photography is welcome).
I had not noticed that the spine and handle rise to a point and then fall back down to the choil but it clearly shows in the pictures.
I don't recall anybody else mentioning this contour or how it changes the grip from the shorter knives.
My 7/7 presale won't ship for a while so can anybody comment based on their usage?

Totally unnoticeable in use for me. It's there obviously but my thumb was usually behind that little hump or in front of it for finer cuts and I never felt it on my hand or thumb. I don't know but I assume it's there to shave a little more meat off the blade.

Hard to tell without having mine in hand yet but it may change up the angle of your grip when u choke up on the blade for finer work

I have a few knives with ramps just like it from a few other makers. I don't notice it at all when choking up on the blade. Sometimes I will put my thumb on one side or the other of the ramp and it is very comfortable. Can not wait to get my 7/7, but I think I got a ways to go. And these pictures are welcome, but they sure aren't helping with the wait!!!

The 7/7 always reminds me of the classic Kabar military knife. I think it is the most tactical GSO. I wonder if that rise would aid in keeping a solid grip when stabbing or thrusting.

It has been a while since someone posted about the 7/7's. Just curious how many 7/7's are rolling out of Idaho?

Survive doesn't publish their production volumes, and they've been working on three models simultaneously, and a lot of their customers aren't on social media, so all we have are guesses. Judging from the pictures they post they seem to be working in batches of several dozen units, but how long it takes to run through one of those batches is hard to say. I know for sure that I haven't received mine.

Back