7/7

I am hoping mine is in this latest batch. If not, it has gotta be in the next batch!! Should be getting a 7/7 and a 4.1, both factory 2nds. Will update if I get shipping info

I wrote and asked about estimated time of delivery and was told they are working on the March/April 2015 orders. I ordered mine in July so they had no estimated delivery for me.

I'm out. With that news, the lack of people receiving there orders here, not seeing any on eBay and the monthly update not changing much in a few months I decided I'm not waiting anymore and canceled my order and my order for the 3.5. It's a shame, I really wanted both those knives but...you know...

Last edited:
I wrote and asked about estimated time of delivery and was told they are working on the March/April 2015 orders. I ordered mine in July so they had no estimated delivery for me.

I'm out. With that news, the lack of people receiving there orders here, not seeing any on eBay and the monthly update not changing much in a few months I decided I'm not waiting anymore and canceled my order and my order for the 3.5. It's a shame, I really wanted both those knives but...you know...

I don't blame you. I'm really beginning to wonder if there are more than a handful of 7/7's even made. I ordered a 2nd and I'm not sure if I really ever expect it to show up.

How many runs of the 7/7? They are working through the first production run of each of the "new spec" models from 2015.
So far they have completed the 5.1 and 4.7 models, are working on the 2.7, 4.1, and 7/7 models, and all the other models will be released at some point in the future.
Survive took orders for a second production run of the 5.1 model but it is very far down the list and won't be manufactured for quite a while.

Not surprise. They gave the same response 2 months ago. Getting ready to do the same with my 7/7 and other models.

The 7/7 is never going to show up. There. I typed it. I'm finally coming out of denial. I truly don't think this knife will ever ship to me.

Oh, okay, thanks for the response. I wasn't sure based on the context how serious you intended to be.
For example, I've found that when I don't want to offend anybody I really need to put a winky icon at the end. ;)
Some of the worst blowups I've caused on here were when I forgot the winky.
It kind of goes against the grain to be that "cute" all the time but it seems to work. :D

I have to say i was about to give up hope on ever seeing my 7/7 and i was going to post something on here this afternoon after reading some of the coments but i held off. Im glad i did because id be biting my tongue right now, as i just received my shipping notification from survive. I ordered mine feb 2 of this year and its a f2. I'll post some pics when I get it.

I have to say i was about to give up hope on ever seeing my 7/7 and i was going to post something on here this afternoon after reading some of the coments but i held off. Im glad i did because id be biting my tongue right now, as i just received my shipping notification from survive. I ordered mine feb 2 of this year and its a f2. I'll post some pics when I get it.

Wow! Well there's hope anew!!

Thanks for posting this. I have an F2 7.7 on order from March 25th, so I now have some perspective on when it will ship.

Im glad i did because id be biting my tongue right now, as i just received my shipping notification from survive. I ordered mine feb 2 of this year and its a f2. I'll post some pics when I get it.

That is great to hear! Congrats! Mine is April 7th, so I got a little way to go, but I can wait.

I wrote and asked about estimated time of delivery and was told they are working on the March/April 2015 orders.

So they said they are working on early 2015 orders, but it’s people who ordered this year who seem to be getting shipping notices. That sounds about right for the reliability of 7/7 updates.

So they said they are working on early 2015 orders, but it’s people who ordered this year who seem to be getting shipping notices. That sounds about right for the reliability of 7/7 updates.

The folks posting here who ordered in 2016 are not getting Factory Firsts, but Seconds, which are culled from the Firsts (aka the march/april 2015 Starter orders, then pre-sales, etc) and sold as they work through the firsts and find defects. Still, 7/7 Firsts must be shipping to somebody or there wouldn't be any seconds to go out. According to the First Friday Updates, they have been shipping in an unknown volume since what- March?

I also feel a burn when I see knives that we've been waiting on for years go to someone who ordered it a year or more after we did, second or not. :( Wish I had the foresight to request a switch from F1 to F2 if one became available.

Most recent update I have is that the March/April 2015 Factory First 7/7 orders "should be shipping around the beginning of the year." It is unclear if that phrasing means early January, or any time in the first half of 2018.

I understand that, like it or not, Survive probably have to prioritize some recent orders for cash flow reasons. But what I don’t understand is the continual highly questionable information updates. As you say, we’ve been told that 7/7s have been shipping for more than half a year, but where are they? Not with any bladeforums members, it seems.

Since they stopped taking any new knife orders including weekly sales [ for 2 months now?] the shop has been focusing mainly on the oldest pre orders for the models that are in the shop. I wouldn't imagine any real new cash flow will happen until the sk 3.5 model returns and since there should be a surplus of finished blades available all at one time [edumacated guess here].

Back