• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

*SOLD* 7" Nakiri in Hitachi Blue #2, Honduran Rosewood Burl and African Blackwood

Robert Erickson

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hi all,
I've got a great little Nakiri up for sale here tonight. It's Hitachi Blue #2 which is incredible carbon steel that is heat treated to RC63. Hitachi Blue #2 is super clean steel that takes an incredibly fine edge. It's hand sanded to 800 grit and then etched to reveal the auto-hamon. The handle is absolutely gorgeous Honduran Rosewood Burl paired with an African Blackwood ferrule. This will make your kitchen chores a breeze.

SPECS:
OAL: 13.5" (340mm)
BLADE: 7.25" (185mm) long, 2.0" (50mm) heel height. It has been hand finished to 800grit then etched to reveal auto hamon. The grind is hybrid full flat/convex which is down to 0.008" before sharpening.
STEEL: 0.098" (2.5mm) Hitachi Blue #2 carbon steel heat treated to RC63.
HANDLE: Honduran Rosewood Burl with an African Blackwood ferrule and black and natural micarta spacers.
Price: $SOLD Shipped USPS in the CONUS
International buyers welcome, shipping extra.
Paypal, check or money orders accepted.
Post "I'll take it" here in this thread and then PM or email me for arrangements. I have this posted on Instagram as well. The first time stamp has priority.
Comments/Questions/Critiques welcome.

Thanks for looking!

28Yzuwml.jpg

H6yyaVnl.jpg

c3YTUQzl.jpg

wuA2jTcl.jpg

fMXinJfl.jpg

0Od1O0ul.jpg

r2bnitGl.jpg

pw69W5Fl.jpg

Last edited:
May I ask the thoughts behind what appears a longer than normal handle? Maybe more leverage for chopping??? It’s absolutely beautiful, just curious.

May I ask the thoughts behind what appears a longer than normal handle? Maybe more leverage for chopping??? It’s absolutely beautiful, just curious.
I typically do around a 5.5"-6" handle. It's for balance and to my eye it looks better. It's just my personal preference.
Thanks!

Back