710 Sprint Run

rexromic

Gold Member
How many of you would like to see the return of iconic Benchmade 710 in a form of sprint run.I would love satin M390 and G-10 scales with spacers.
Let's have some numbers so Benchmade might do this.
Merry Christmas and stay safe.

Sounds very much like the 710-1401. They’re out there... for a price.

Few out there for $300 and over.I was talking about sprint run and price bellow $200 hopefully..

Few out there for $300 and over.I was talking about sprint run and price bellow $200 hopefully..
Okay, but they did those, sold a bunch, and discontinued. Besides new people coming onto the hobby, I think most people had the opportunity to get one.

There is nothing wrong with expressing interest and trying to get more to follow with same result.I can agree with some of your points but really don't want thread killers on this post.People who love to see more of 710 being made are welcome to pitch in as I started this thread.Simple as that.

Okay, but they did those, sold a bunch, and discontinued. Besides new people coming onto the hobby, I think most people had the opportunity to get one.

I picked up two of the -1401s and two of the -D2s, plus the couple 710s I already had, and I'd still be down for another run. IMO it's the best, most practical 4" Axis folder BM has made, and I'd like for it to still be around. None of the unnecessary bolster + colored pivot ring of the Crooked River, not crazy thin like the Fact, not big and bulky like the Adamas or Rukus. 805/806 were good too, though the handles for those seemed a little longer than the 710 needed for the same length blade.

For steel, M390's good, being done before doesn't change that though it may bore some. S30V would still be new for the model. Something like CruWear, K390, M4 (another repeat) would be alright too, though Benchmade would probably coat the blade if it's not stainless, and the more wear resistant stuff is going to be a pain to sharpen in the recurve. S90V/S110V I don't think I'm in favor of for that reason.

Personally I'd keep the scales simple, just peel-ply G10 in a color other than black in the classic 710 pattern with just the few bars on it. Hopefully that keeps the price at or a little under $200; more than that and it gets hard to justify vs the ones I already have (my wife convinced me to give up one of my NIB ones for her little brother's birthday this year, so I'm happy to replace it, but not if it's a $300+ gold class looking thing).

Really, I'm down for most of Benchmade's older Axis-lock designs to make some limited edition comebacks in working-class configurations. 710, 730, 806, 615 in particular, but bring on the 705 or 960 or 746 or whatever else. Heck, I'd probably even buy a 930 if they did an M390 limited. The new Benchmade designs just don't grab me in the same way as the old ones.

Ending on the topic of the 710 - gotta have the recurve!

4qDemQO.jpg

I picked up two of the -1401s and two of the -D2s, plus the couple 710s I already had, and I'd still be down for another run. IMO it's the best, most practical 4" Axis folder BM has made, and I'd like for it to still be around. None of the unnecessary bolster + colored pivot ring of the Crooked River, not crazy thin like the Fact, not big and bulky like the Adamas or Rukus. 805/806 were good too, though the handles for those seemed a little longer than the 710 needed for the same length blade.

For steel, M390's good, being done before doesn't change that though it may bore some. S30V would still be new for the model. Something like CruWear, K390, M4 (another repeat) would be alright too, though Benchmade would probably coat the blade if it's not stainless, and the more wear resistant stuff is going to be a pain to sharpen in the recurve. S90V/S110V I don't think I'm in favor of for that reason.

Personally I'd keep the scales simple, just peel-ply G10 in a color other than black in the classic 710 pattern with just the few bars on it. Hopefully that keeps the price at or a little under $200; more than that and it gets hard to justify vs the ones I already have (my wife convinced me to give up one of my NIB ones for her little brother's birthday this year, so I'm happy to replace it, but not if it's a $300+ gold class looking thing).

Really, I'm down for most of Benchmade's older Axis-lock designs to make some limited edition comebacks in working-class configurations. 710, 730, 806, 615 in particular, but bring on the 705 or 960 or 746 or whatever else. Heck, I'd probably even buy a 930 if they did an M390 limited. The new Benchmade designs just don't grab me in the same way as the old ones.

Ending on the topic of the 710 - gotta have the recurve!

4qDemQO.jpg
I've had variants in M4, D2, and ATS34. Still wish I hadn't sold them! M4 rounded spine with electric blue twill scales by Keyman, oh I wish wish wish I hadn't sold that! I also wish they'd do another run. Just trying to explain why they likely won't.

N
I've had variants in M4, D2, and ATS34. Still wish I hadn't sold them! M4 rounded spine with electric blue twill scales by Keyman, oh I wish wish wish I hadn't sold that! I also wish they'd do another run. Just trying to explain why they likely won't.
Never say never ;)

I had the plain Jane model (probably the best example of D2 I’ve owned), but foolishly gave it to a close friend to use as a work knife. I have to remind myself that it’s being used, and that’s a good thing.
If given a chance, I’d snatch another one up in a heartbeat....Along with another 707, and the AFCK. Are you listening Benchmade?

M4 rounded spine

Yeah, the little bit of crowning they did on the -1 and -3 was a really nice touch. -DLC1 remains my overall favorite and that's definitely a part of it. Shame they didn't include it on the -2 as well, but I guess there had to be something to differentiate it even slightly from the -1.

I had the plain Jane model (probably the best example of D2 I’ve owned), but foolishly gave it to a close friend to use as a work knife. I have to remind myself that it’s being used, and that’s a good thing.
If given a chance, I’d snatch another one up in a heartbeat....Along with another 707, and the AFCK. Are you listening Benchmade?

When was the last AFCK they released? Was it really the 806-1101? That's been way too long :(

Would love to see Benchmade re-produce the 710 in either M4 or 390 steel. I have the coated M2 and the 710 is not only a classic, but a knife that will withstand the test of time. The ergos are phenomenal, slender, easy to carry, strong and well designed for hard use. Keep the recurve, Axis Lock, G10... and keep the price at $175.00 or lower. The 710 is a great knife with the best steel possible.

Would love to see Benchmade re-produce the 710 in either M4 or 390 steel. I have the coated M2 and the 710 is not only a classic, but a knife that will withstand the test of time. The ergos are phenomenal, slender, easy to carry, strong and well designed for hard use. Keep the recurve, Axis Lock, G10... and keep the price at $175.00 or lower. The 710 is a great knife with the best steel possible.
This ^^^^^!

i have one of the originals in ats-34 & it’s still my favorite knife. i wouldn’t mind an upgrade in the steel but leave the handles alone please. i tried a -1401 & i just couldn’t get used to the contoured scales on it

Back