#78 American Jack

This will be released soon, looks really good to me. Anybody going to preorder/got one in your sights?
A reworking of the #79 Sleeveboard/workhorse? I like the 3 3/4 size, clip and pen, what do you guys think?

Absolutely plan on picking at least one up. Just waiting to see handle materials?

It's right up my alley:thumbup:

I'm likely going to make only a single knife purchase this year, and I'm interested in one of these, specifically one with a Pattern Production Premiere unit with stag handles (if stag is one of the options). It's a bit big for my usual carry preference, but:

78 - my birth year
"American" - I am a naturalized US citizen
I believe GEC uses Sambar stag - I am originally from India
PPP etch - my initials

(As I mentioned above, I prefer smaller, slimmer knives so the other two options as of now are the Northwoods Norfolk and the 33 Conductor Whittler.)

I'm likely going to make only a single knife purchase this year, and I'm interested in one of these, specifically one with a Pattern Production Premiere unit with stag handles (if stag is one of the options). It's a bit big for my usual carry preference, but:

78 - my birth year
"American" - I am a naturalized US citizen
I believe GEC uses Sambar stag - I am originally from India
PPP etch - my initials

(As I mentioned above, I prefer smaller, slimmer knives so the other two options as of now are the Northwoods Norfolk and the 33 Conductor Whittler.)

I'm sorry to say, GEC only uses the PPP on the first knives produced of a given pattern, generally these are the Tidioute Brand. And then GEC only uses Stag Handles on the Northfield Brand. So the chances of getting a PPP on a Stag Handled knife are very, very slim.

Ahhh - hadn't thought of that! Guess I got a bit excited. :D

Ahhh - hadn't thought of that! Guess I got a bit excited. :D

Its your knife -get it engraved or etched. All the rest of the juju has lined up for you.
Me ? I just want one- I like em.
cheers.

GEC's site has some pictures of the knife in progress, but none of the finished ones.
Do pics normally come out a few weeks before they go on sale?

GEC's site has some pictures of the knife in progress, but none of the finished ones.
Do pics normally come out a few weeks before they go on sale?

Two weeks max. but more like a week. Dealers have these ordered and they are on the schedule for the next couple weeks. I believe the 09 is coming out first but I could be mistaken.

Handle materials for the American Jack will be bone of undetermined color in NF and Tid, ebony, Pheasant Feather acrylic, African Blackwood, primitive bone and burnt, nat'l, and genuine stag. Should be some beautiful knives!

GEDC0881.JPG

OK, now I'm confused. This pic is from the #78 American Jack photo page on GEC's website. Wonder if it's a main blade or a secondary. The set up knife on that page doesn't have a blade like this. If it's the secondary, my prayers have been answered.

Two weeks max. but more like a week. Dealers have these ordered and they are on the schedule for the next couple weeks. I believe the 09 is coming out first but I could be mistaken.

Yep, I'm mistaken. The 78 American Jack will be coming out first, and will probably be in dealers hands by the end of next week. Bone color on the Tidioute will be Chestnut; unknown NF color bone at this time.

I'm mighty tempted but think I may hang on for the single bladed permutation. My money's on the Viper at present:)

Ahh, so they add pictures as production proceeds - that's cool!
This knife will have both nail nicks facing the same direction, correct? (I may not be saying that right)
My Colt teardrop jack has them on opposite sides, which does require turning the knife to open,
but leaves both nicks easy to access.

Reactions: HWF
I'm mighty tempted but think I may hang on for the single bladed permutation. My money's on the Viper at present:)

Yes, the Viper should be a sweet pattern! :thumbup::thumbup:

Ahh, so they add pictures as production proceeds - that's cool!
This knife will have both nail nicks facing the same direction, correct? (I may not be saying that right)
My Colt teardrop jack has them on opposite sides, which does require turning the knife to open,
but leaves both nicks easy to access.

Yup, both blades will open from the same side; I'm glad they made it this way as I've always disliked having to turn the knife over to open the pen blade, but there are two schools of thought on which side the pen should open. The Case 99 and 31 both need to be turned. :(

Reactions: HWF
Back