#78 American Jack

View attachment 829263

Thanks for the compliments Paul, Squidman24, and Luke 73. I feel fortunate to have gotten two good 78’s, and I think I will stop now with these two. This photo was taken when the Appaloosa was just out of the tube and before I had a chance to wipe it off. My camera phone picks up details that I cannot even see with my own eye in real life!

But it is going to be hard to resist the Stags. I hope I am at work when they hit and that they all sell out before I can be tempted!

Last edited:
b6eihk.jpg

I am liking this 78 a lot :thumbsup:

Ordered my NF tortoise shell today. I am excited about this one as I have wanted to add a tortoise shell acrylic to the collection and the pictures with those covered look great on this knife. Every variant of this run has looked great though, it must be the frame shape and blade shape combined that makes any quality cover material shine on these.

The stags are available. Only 2 blade models on these? I will pass if so. You have to draw the line...somewhere.

Just ordered my Kifer Tortoise Acrylic this morning (got in on the early reserve for that one), and my Ebony Single Blade should be inbound later this week.

Here are my 3 I have thus far. I got really, really lucky with the Natural Linen one. I missed out on the reserve but found someone to swap the extra Desert Ironwood I picked up for it.

2e51p1w.jpg

i0SKjMv

I filmed an episode of an antique motorcycle web series yesterday with my buddy Dale at the Wheels Through Time Museum in Maggie Valley, NC. We took his newly acquired 1913 Harley-Davidson, which hadn't run in at least 80 years or so and got the old girl going again. We lubed up all of the joints, heated the old oil out of the cases with a hotplate underneath to drain it, put some NOS Firestone Nonskid tires, cleaned and adjusted the magneto, filled it with gas and oil and fired it up in no time. Never even touched the 105 year old carb or as much as wiped the original plugs! Had to clean some corrosion off of the points so out came my new SMKW 78 which handled the job with ease, in all one of less than 10 tools it took us to get this thing back in shape after such a long time.

BssGHQh.jpg

CrIKklW.jpg

3fnq5fs.jpg

Back