#78 American Jack

I filmed an episode of an antique motorcycle web series yesterday with my buddy Dale at the Wheels Through Time Museum in Maggie Valley, NC. We took his newly acquired 1913 Harley-Davidson, which hadn't run in at least 80 years or so and got the old girl going again. We lubed up all of the joints, heated the old oil out of the cases with a hotplate underneath to drain it, put some NOS Firestone Nonskid tires, cleaned and adjusted the magneto, filled it with gas and oil and fired it up in no time. Never even touched the 105 year old carb or as much as wiped the original plugs! Had to clean some corrosion off of the points so out came my new SMKW 78 which handled the job with ease, in all one of less than 10 tools it took us to get this thing back in shape after such a long time.

BssGHQh.jpg

CrIKklW.jpg

3fnq5fs.jpg
Very cool!

Kudos ArchiveMoto for combining two of my favourite things :thumbsup: although Harleys have got to much on the heavy side for me these days I still have my memories and a Smooth white bone #78 in my pocket and a Northfield UN-X-LD Golden brown jig bone #78 inbound.

I filmed an episode of an antique motorcycle web series yesterday with my buddy Dale at the Wheels Through Time Museum in Maggie Valley, NC. We took his newly acquired 1913 Harley-Davidson, which hadn't run in at least 80 years or so and got the old girl going again. We lubed up all of the joints, heated the old oil out of the cases with a hotplate underneath to drain it, put some NOS Firestone Nonskid tires, cleaned and adjusted the magneto, filled it with gas and oil and fired it up in no time. Never even touched the 105 year old carb or as much as wiped the original plugs! Had to clean some corrosion off of the points so out came my new SMKW 78 which handled the job with ease, in all one of less than 10 tools it took us to get this thing back in shape after such a long time.

BssGHQh.jpg

CrIKklW.jpg

3fnq5fs.jpg
Beautiful knife and really enjoyed your posting Sir !!!!!!!

Harry

BssGHQh.jpg

CrIKklW.jpg

3fnq5fs.jpg
Fantastic to see a 78 involved in such a worthwhile and honorable endeavor.
Very enjoyable post, thanks!!!

BssGHQh.jpg

CrIKklW.jpg

3fnq5fs.jpg
This is BY FAR the coolest post I've ever seen on Bladeforums!!! Love it:cool::cool::cool:

My appaloosa bone arrived today! I wasn't sure what to expect since there's so much variation, and I admit I was hoping for a more symmetrical pattern on the front and back, but the more I look at mine, the more it's growing on me. With the leaf shield, it has a sort of woodsy dirt over stone look, maybe, or scuffed dirt over snow. Nature isn't often symmetrical, after all. :)

24863503067_da06f4b826_b.jpg

And here's all three of mine together. Might switch things up and give white bone a break and give one of the others some pocket time.

39023788264_4d67e26306_b.jpg

My appaloosa bone arrived today! I wasn't sure what to expect since there's so much variation, and I admit I was hoping for a more symmetrical pattern on the front and back, but the more I look at mine, the more it's growing on me. With the leaf shield, it has a sort of woodsy dirt over stone look, maybe, or scuffed dirt over snow. Nature isn't often symmetrical, after all. :)

24863503067_da06f4b826_b.jpg

And here's all three of mine together. Might switch things up and give white bone a break and give one of the others some pocket time.

39023788264_4d67e26306_b.jpg

Very nice trio, AlwaysTomboy AlwaysTomboy ! I rather like your Appaloosa Bone, it has some striking character to it.

AlwaysTomboy, that is an awesome Appaloosa! Just wait until you get it out into the sunlight. They change appearance constantly. Congratulations.

The single blade stags are starting to show up at dealer sites. They one site I saw sold out in only a few minutes.

BssGHQh.jpg

CrIKklW.jpg

3fnq5fs.jpg
Fantastic post indeed !!! Keep them coming. Now back to the videos on Youtube:D:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Living the Dream sir !

The single blade stags are starting to show up at dealer sites. They one site I saw sold out in only a few minutes.
Yes Think that’s the one I was on right when they listed them started with 14 or so and picked one out and checked out went back on and there was only one left . Glad I pulled the trigger !

Found one I think I’ll be happy with. That was harder to choose than I thought it’d be. Lots of variation in the Stag and the symmetry and contour.

Back