#78 American Jack

U7m7Sdh.jpg
VjhZufp.jpg

Was able to acquire a 4th 78 in the covers I was rather bummed to have missed out on initially. This knife is a real beauty, both mark and pile sides are stunning. I will have to take a new group pic sometime soon...

GIs8Aux.jpg

lDaT4JG.jpg

There are soooo many great covers in this release and I seem to get caught up in whatever was released last. The elderberry was my first of the 78's and it truly is a great cover.
The "Winterbottom" covers provide a nice grip with some girth to them. The color is beautiful in my eye as well.

iuL4XU.jpg

vampF8.jpg
Ended up snagging one of these last few on the shelves....I must say that I concur with your comments Paul, this is really a handsome cover. The elderberry has a nice deep grape color and the jigging pattern is very unique!!!

km67nk0.jpg

Every 78 single blade i have handled has had a great action, nice stiff spring.

I agree this run of 78's will be much sought after in future years.

Still one of my favorite patterns of all time, I carry a 78 single more than any other knife, but I feel like this thread needs at least 78 pages though so I will get a new group shot up to help towards that goal as soon as my new appaloosa arrives. Anyone else still in love with this pattern?

Still one of my favorite patterns of all time, I carry a 78 single more than any other knife, but I feel like this thread needs at least 78 pages though so I will get a new group shot up to help towards that goal as soon as my new appaloosa arrives. Anyone else still in love with this pattern?

Yep. It’s one of my most carried patterns.

Family shot before I broke em up:

zQhDsRCl.jpg

Love this thread. I have a few 77s and my fair share of 15s (TC Barlows included), but I have to say the single blade 78s are among my favourite of all slipjoints. I amassed a few 78s and every one of them has (near) perfect fit and finish, centering, and snap. Such great knives. Here's one of my herd. Best to all. MJ.
IMG_9017.JPG IMG_9016.JPG

51282.jpg Edit: Finally got pics to load! Ive been carrying this 78 Ebony since they came out and i like it way more than i thought i would. Its so thin and action is near perfect so of course i had to get another one. The jigged bone is beautiful and the action on thus one is even better than the ebony. These single blade 78s are definitely in my top 3.

Last edited:
Back