#78 American Jack

Stag Nasty & Stag Nasty Junior :p My Dad is 78 & I'm 56 (ironic huh?) :eek:

8n2Nbfg.jpg

TclcPfS.jpg

Well after getting the Maher&Grosh #15 boys knife, I decided I would kick myself for not getting these two also,,,due in on Monday!
Roger was great to talk with and get the ones I wanted, even though quantities are now very limited.
Let us know what you think about 'em, Perry. I've been tempted to pull the trigger on the jigged bone. They are such unique knives!

I decided I would kick myself for not getting these two also,
Same here Al. I really would like to have the jigged bone one. Perry I hope you will post pics. I'd like to see a spine shot of those knives. Beeeuuutifullllll.

I definitely will, Al and Dwight! Roger informed me that while there weren't many left to choose from, all were very consistent with walk and talk and if my #15 Boys M&G is any indication well, C'MON WITH THEM TWO YANKEE WHITTLERS! Besides, I completely missed the boat years ago when the Weaver Jacks came out. That 3 blade engineering fascinates me!

Well Al and Dwight, all I can say is incredible in every way one could imagine, in a pocket knife!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Walk and talk, fit and finish,,,forget about it!!!
I am more impressed with these knives than with any other knife GEC has ever built,,,,PERIOD.
You won't believe it either, truly the sleeper knife of 2018, so far anyway, IMO.

Last edited:
Well Al and Dwight, all I say is incredible in every way one could imagine, in a pocket knife!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Walk and talk, fit and finish,,,forget about it!!!
I am more impressed with these knives than with any other knife GEC has ever built,,,,PERIOD.
You won't believe it either, truly the sleeper knife of 2018, so far anyway, IMO.
I was afraid you'd say that...:(... sigh... :D:cool::D

How about a spine shot... I wanna see the heft of those big boys.

I polished up my smooth white bone #78 last night planning to sell it, but once it was all shined up and I took it out for pictures and felt the incredible walk and talk again I decided to keep it for now. One of my best made GECs. Very classic.
Well since she's all polished up and nowhere to go... how about a glamour shot? :)

Well since she's all polished up and nowhere to go... how about a glamour shot? :)

Sure thing!

It's really incredible what some flitz, a microfiber cloth, and some elbow grease can do. This knife has been a real user off and on, and definitely was not coddled. I even carried it every day for a month straight and used it for all my cutting tasks.

v0ptimWl.jpg

bkx8s0Vl.jpg

Looks almost brand new, other than a miniscule crack at one of the spring pins.

Well Al and Dwight, all I can say is incredible in every way one could imagine, in a pocket knife!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Walk and talk, fit and finish,,,forget about it!!!

I’m most always a single blade only kind of guy, so a 3 bladed jack just has not appealed to me, on top of that I’m no fan of etches, but that review alone was enough to make me place my order and I can’t wait to get my jig bone yankee whittler in.

Thanks Perry. You are right. I'm in on the jigged bone. I bought both "kansas cane cutter" sfo's last time and they are absolutely exceptional.

but that review alone was enough to make me place my order
I concur. :D:cool::D

It’s a really fine piece of pocket cutlery, Moto! Let us know what your impressions are. Hey Logan, that is a sweet knife! I really liked it when I first saw it! Probably why I bought one of the Kifer tortoise #78s over the weekend!

And then I went and bought this one over the weekend. Number 14 off the line!
Kifer SFO looks sweet in the Tortoise acrylic covers, but will I use it? Man, that is the hard question!:rolleyes:

Congrats! :D

The grain pattern on your new Coco M&G is really exceptional -- Nice Knives :thumbsup:

Back