• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

8" chef's knife, Damascus suminagashi and kingwood frame handle

8” chefs knife
Damascus suminagashi
Frame handle with kingwood
Two chefs who have handled this knife tell me that it has perfect balance.
Kingwood is a personal favorite of mine, it has beautiful royal purple figure and hardness and density similar to desert ironwood.
The blade has a full distal taper
The total weight is 230 grams
The heel is just over 2 1/8" high

asking $650 shipped USA
int'l shipping at your cost

On the blade steel, it is a Damascus sumingashi laminated steel
Takefu white steel core with 11 mild steel laminations per side. Hand forged. Quenched in water to 63-64 rc
this mld steel requires care in that it should be wiped down after use.
The finish transitions from etched to polished
some forged finish remains

And on the Frame handle construction - it is silicon bronze frame, two pieces laminated with a red liner in between. The ferrule guard up front is also silicon bronze and press fit onto the blade by precision machining the slot and surface grinding the tang (ricasso), I used 6 hidden pins along with exposed pins in the kingwood. The silicon bronze dulls to a warm patina.
It has a western style comfortable handle

I make thin hard slicers, my knives are known for being very sharp with an acute angle.
They pass through food well, that's how I judge the performance of a kitchen knife, how well does it pass through food when slicing.

email is best to reach me - hsc3knives gmail

nn4Anjy.jpg

ZNvC4uU.jpg

QRruxMr.jpg

n0rXAtZ.jpg

XAjZuDn.jpg

Last edited:
awesome knife Harbeer. the geometry on it looks absolutely wicked!

Back