1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

2. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

8" kitchen knife

Discussion in 'For Sale: Fixed Blades' started by Tony Mont, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Tony Mont

Tony Mont KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 15, 2018
    Hello everybody!

My first ever kitchen knife is ready for a new home!

Steel: 1070 high carbon steel.
    Handle: Wenge wood with flared stainless steel tubes.

Dimensions:
    Overall lenght: 34 cm - 13.38''
    Blade lenght: 20.5 cm - 8.07''
    Blade widght: 5 cm - 1.96''
    Blade thickness: 3 mm - 0.118''
    Handle lenght: 12.5 cm - 4.92''

It has been differentially heat treated. The is a hamon which is visible on daylight. It has a full flat grind with a hand sanded satin finish blade.
    *NOTE FOR LEFT HANDED PEOPLE*-The handle has a thumb rest for a right handed user, it wouldn't work right for a left handed person.

The blade has a small aesthetic blemish, I dropped a drill bit near the ricasso, it will not affect the performance of the knife. IT can be seen on the second picture as a black dot. I can send extra pictures if you want to see it.

Price: 150$
    Free international shipping with priority mail and a tracking number.
    Via PayPal.

DSC_0037.JPG DSC_0038.JPG DSC_0039.JPG DSC_0040.JPG DSC_0042.JPG DSC_0043.JPG DSC_0044.JPG DSC_0045.JPG DSC_0047.JPG

Thanks for looking!
    Tony.

2. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    very nice. I would love to see one in a stainless

3. Tony Mont

Tony Mont KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 15, 2018
    That's in the works! I hope to start working with stainless steels soon.

Bmurray likes this.
  4. Seesteel

Seesteel Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 7, 2018
    Good design and great price.

5. sickpuppy1

sickpuppy1 Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 27, 2018
    Hey Tony, if you have or could make this style of knife in stainless or 1095 in a 4-5 “ knife (11-14 cm) I would be in for a couple. My wife uses paring knives for just about everything in the kitchen, but gets either cheap stainless or ceramic. A nd then gripes about them cause their dull I know your quality, but she just wouldn’t use a 8” blade. Let me know what ya think and shoot me a price.

6. Tony Mont

Apr 15, 2018
    Email incoming.