#81 Bull Moose Thread

Just out of the mailbox and it put a smile on my face:thumbsup:
o8zMY8.jpg

bJcN2p.jpg

My Natural Canvas Micarta showed up this afternoon as well (surprisingly fast, since I didn't order it until late Friday). I'm really glad that I went with this one. The color of the Micarta is perfect (dare I say better than what's on the 2017 Forum knife :eek:), and although the pull is on the lighter side, it isn't too light, and the action is just buttery smooth. Mike wasn't kidding around when he rated these a 9. This is GEC at the top of their game!

NUtnHpj.jpg

LfTTR6w.jpg

vkIErph.jpg

t46EDoy.jpg

Nice Bull Moose label on the tube, as well. (It's always fun when they do something other than the standard Tidioute/Northfield artwork.)

bTrRB1M.jpg

(First pin I've received with a knife in a while, too!)

My Natural Canvas Micarta showed up this afternoon as well (surprisingly fast, since I didn't order it until late Friday). I'm really glad that I went with this one. The color of the Micarta is perfect (dare I say better than what's on the 2017 Forum knife :eek:), and although the pull is on the lighter side, it isn't too light, and the action is just buttery smooth. Mike wasn't kidding around when he rated these a 9. This is GEC at the top of their game!

NUtnHpj.jpg

LfTTR6w.jpg

vkIErph.jpg

t46EDoy.jpg

Nice Bull Moose label on the tube, as well. (It's always fun when they do something other than the standard Tidioute/Northfield artwork.)

bTrRB1M.jpg

I like it Barrett, nice pictures of it also:cool: I'm very happy with mine as well. I too ordered it Friday and was surprised and please it came today, a whole day early:thumbsup:

Like some others in this thread, I'm not particularly in love with the pattern but that Osage is making it hard to resist.

NUtnHpj.jpg

LfTTR6w.jpg

vkIErph.jpg

t46EDoy.jpg

bTrRB1M.jpg

Lovely pictures! And it looks like your blades were ground eeeeever so slightly better than even mine were. And mine were pretty darn good.

The more I use this knife, the more I love it. It's just what my hands want.

I'm pretty particular about ergonomics, I just don't like a big hump of a blade in my way for cutting. I also HATE proud tips, which I worry about with a serpentine pattern. So I didn't think I'd be in on these.

However, I need to get thank you gifts for my the other hunters who basically funded my recent alaskan moose hunt expedition and I don't think there could be a better option. Plus, I'm starting to prefer no half stops and these are looking really great.

From the pics in this thread it looks like the bolsters on the tidioutes are matte? I've got to get one of these. Red or natural...which one shall I get...

Now GEC just needs to release an improved muskrat on the 81 frame and I'll be in heaven ~

NUtnHpj.jpg

LfTTR6w.jpg

vkIErph.jpg

t46EDoy.jpg

bTrRB1M.jpg

Hope you won't loose it as I did! (the pin)
I dig the pattern and above all the micarta. But it's a true shame they still let too much strength on that middle pin. Imho, it spoils an excellent knife. Tough I think it would not take long to fix that, why don't they?
I noticed this never appears on SFOs...:cool:

Nevertheless Barrett, I think you're a happy man with that knife!:)

From the pics in this thread it looks like the bolsters on the tidioutes are matte? I've got to get one of these. Red or natural...which one shall I get...

Now GEC just needs to release an improved muskrat on the 81 frame and I'll be in heaven ~

Not gonna lie, I'm strongly considering getting the red too. I was planning to wait for the ebony Northfield to pop up but I'm liking the micarta.

An improved muskrat/moose would be fantastic.

Thanks for letting us see your hunting trip pictures my friend !!!!! You look like a young man that we met , and enjoyed talking with , at Titusville at the Rendezvous ???????

Harry

No problem, I'm glad you all are enjoying them.

Good eye, that's me. I changed my username earlier this year, so it can be a little confusing.

It was great to talk with you and many others at the Rendezvous this year. I had more time than the previous years so it was great to meet more people and see all the wonderful knives.

Quite an adventure, Logan!! And meat for a year ain't too shabby!
Thanks for featuring all those knives in your photo essay!! Worth looking at folks!!!

Back