840 Sprint Select thoughts?

Does anyone have a non-pro Sprint Select? I can't find much more than basic info on this knife. Seems everyone spent the extra $ for the 841 pro with better steel. Saw one at the store and it looked like a fun knife. I quit smoking in July, so a fidgety bearing flipper seemed a helpful distraction, ha ha. Anyone who has one notice any issues? Things you really like?

I have a couple including a select version. good knife. flips well cause on bearings. lock ups good. feels and carries smaller than it is. pocket clip edge is a bit angled more than maybe needed and many don't care for that. doesn't bother me. pocket clip isnt reversible for southpaws. also tip up only carry.

Pros:
Great smooth flipping action and really good for fidgeting
Good handle length - 4 fingers..barely
Nice looking knife
Feels balanced in hand
Light weight at 3.2 ounces
Blade centered and 50% lockup on the liner lock - easy to disengage.
Nice top swedge, piercing tip, and very nice tumbled/stonewashed finish on blade
Rides in pocket well

Cons:
Despite looking like handle is textured, it is not effective and is quite slick. The plastic has a "cheap" feel to it.
Weak detent - can be easily shaken open by holding the closed knife and shaking and stopping quickly.
Cannot pinch open the blade - not enough blade exposed to grab ahold of and no nail notch or thumbstuds - flipper is the only way to open (besides shaking)
Clip creates a hot spot in palm - quite uncomfortable.
Thick behind the edge at over 25 thousandths inch at the base to 40 thousands near the tip - edge profile not the best for slicing

Overall a fun knife to deploy - a dream compared to the Vantage series. It's a nice size and good pocket carry and very capable for normal everyday use.

Back