940-1 standoffs and screws

Might be over play but didn't find anything I am new to benchmades and folders in general (small fixed blade guy for edc) I should be getting a 940-1 soon in a trade and want to if possible change the blue anadized standoffs and skrews with red ones any one could point me in the right direction with a link or something and maybe pocket clip to in red

I have a regular 940 with custom CF scales. Recently I painted the stand offs ruby red for less than .3 cents.

Psssst.... here's a hint. I used some of my wife's nail polish.

The stand offs don't touch anything, so there's no risk of the paint flaking off or getting chipped. If I get bored with the color, I can take it off with nail polish remover and change colors to my liking.

I dont know anyone to work on the screws, but here's a couple pictures to give you an idea of what I did.

9evwCf7.jpg

DdsK3eZ.jpg

Haha from the picture doesn't look bad my wife has shoes boxes fool of nail polish so that would be easy

Haha from the picture doesn't look bad my wife has shoes boxes fool of nail polish so that would be easy

Mine too :D Who knows, a few months from now I may decide I want emerald colored stand offs and it will be easy to change the color.

I know Igorded had a selection of anodized standoffs. Also check with Keyman... post a thread in the Tinkering and Embellishment section. Let me know if you sell yours. I may be interested in buying them. Shoot me a PM

I'm surprised haven't found one person. As popular as this knife is you would think there would be lots od places to pick up stuff like that....oh well I can keep her stock

Last edited:
I have a regular 940 with custom CF scales. Recently I painted the stand offs ruby red for less than .3 cents.

Psssst.... here's a hint. I used some of my wife's nail polish.

The stand offs don't touch anything, so there's no risk of the paint flaking off or getting chipped. If I get bored with the color, I can take it off with nail polish remover and change colors to my liking.

I dont know anyone to work on the screws, but here's a couple pictures to give you an idea of what I did.

9evwCf7.jpg

DdsK3eZ.jpg
Looks great! I'm looking for ideas to paint my standoffs. Someone suggested I use metallic sharpie and coat of nail polish. What did you use and do you recommend it? (does it wear off quickly what you used?)

Thanks in advance

The Titanium standoffs and screws cannot be anodized red. Aluminum lends itself to red anodization, but you probably wouldn’t want Aluminum screws. Steel can be painted, but organic coats are not known for their longevity. I would pick a different color (YMMV).

^^^^^^ I second that ^^^^^^

Stand-offs and Thumb studs from xxxadrenalinxxx.

I have bronze 940-1 hardware from him also.

CEB3E799-EB66-49ED-9B7B-FD7CB1E09977.jpeg

Back