940-1701, clip question

Daverous

StabosauROUS
Gold Member
I bought one of these Going Gear exclusives a bit back and had some minor issues with it when it arrived. A few finish problems I'm sure Benchmade could make right but Going Gear was kind enough to exchange for me.

The question relates to this: Both my first knife and my replacement came factory sealed with a standard "benchmade" clip. They were supposed to come with a split arrow clip. This created some confusion when I returned the blade as it looked modified. I don't mind the clip, as I always replace with deep carry anyway, but I'm curious if any more people had received the wrong clip?

Contacted Benchmade to verify it should be a split arrow and inquire about the two I received being incorrect without much luck. I was offered the correct clip(which was great) and they verified it should be split arrow, but it didn't solve the riddle. I'm almost tempted to buy another since they've recently listed their final stock of them just to see! Petty, I know, just made me feel like I was going crazy for a second. Anyway... Maybe someone else has run into it. Worth a shot.

It's possible they ran out of what was the standard clip for your model and started using the split arrow. Or someone took a break, then a new employee or someone filling it took over and made a mistake. All the clips are hand assembled so it would make perfect sense. I didn't understand what knife and where you purchased it. However, if it is from the same dealer, it would make more sense. The dealer likely have knives from the same batch or xlose to consecutive in production.

I doubt if there is a mystery behind it. They have a ton of different style clips that work across many knives. Back when i still carried production knives all the time, i would swap out or mod my BM clips regularly.

Cheers

Thanks. Figured it was a batch error and was wondering if anyone had experienced it. I was more concerned for the dealer, as it may affect their entire limited stock :) easy enough to fix with an email to Benchmade, but some may be frustrated.

Side note, it's a neat blade. Anyone that's a fan of the 940 may be interested in a 20cv version before they run out.

Yeah the 940-1701 should have the DLC coated split arrow.

Back