940 On The Way!

As a new-ish father and first time homeowner, my knife budget has shrunk to essentially nothing. However, with a birthday in a couple days I managed to amass enough stray cash to order a couple knives, one of which is a benchmade 940.

I’ve wanted one of these FOR-EVER. However, after getting into Chris Reeve Knives I hadn’t bought anything else for a long time, and I’d heard things about QC with benchmade and I wasn’t willing to take the risk.

However, I ordered one, requested that it be checked for centering and bladeplay and also realized that with a warranty department as good as Benchmade’s, I shouldn’t let those concerns keep me from owning such a widely loved knife.

Anyway, just wanted to share my excitement! This design is so iconic. It’ll bring my total edc rotation up to only 6 as I tend to be fairly picky and minimalist. However, I think it’s going to fit in excellently with the Knives I already have.

So...I dunno. I’m just really excitement and wanted to share my excitement! Any 940 lovers out there who want to sing it’s praises and post some pics to get me even MORE excited?

Congratulations! First off i am reeve sebenza guy . My grandson just got a standard 940
I looked it over and i saw none of the so called quality issues. Great knife !

Jake

Congrats on your new knives! The 940 is a great choice. True classic Benchmade.

I really like the 940--was just praising it in another thread. It's such a useful and versatile knife, I rarely carry anything else.

Here ya go VE, my favorite folders
19vni1u.jpg

As a new-ish father and first time homeowner, my knife budget has shrunk to essentially nothing. However, with a birthday in a couple days I managed to amass enough stray cash to order a couple knives, one of which is a benchmade 940.

I’ve wanted one of these FOR-EVER. However, after getting into Chris Reeve Knives I hadn’t bought anything else for a long time, and I’d heard things about QC with benchmade and I wasn’t willing to take the risk.

However, I ordered one, requested that it be checked for centering and bladeplay and also realized that with a warranty department as good as Benchmade’s, I shouldn’t let those concerns keep me from owning such a widely loved knife.

Anyway, just wanted to share my excitement! This design is so iconic. It’ll bring my total edc rotation up to only 6 as I tend to be fairly picky and minimalist. However, I think it’s going to fit in excellently with the Knives I already have.

So...I dunno. I’m just really excitement and wanted to share my excitement! Any 940 lovers out there who want to sing it’s praises and post some pics to get me even MORE excited?

Did it ever come?

Back