940 Picture Thread: Show us those 940s!!

1ulDMat.jpg

Where did you get the brass scales?

Thanks, sorry for the late response. Somehow I missed your comment. The knife I picked up from SMKW. They installed the scales on the knife. I replaced the pivot and scale screws with raw titanium from Adrian at xxxadrenalinxxx. The clip is a satin Bugout clip and I sanded the anodizing off the backspacer so it would match the esthetic of the knife I was after. The brass thumbstuds are from flytanium. Hope this helps you out.

JonesE

I really wish the 940 wasn't such a wedge. Other than that it's outstanding.

I really wish the 940 wasn't such a wedge. Other than that it's outstanding.
I have to agree with you. I have the 940-1 (and was planning on sharing some photos, but its just a beat to heck EDC that I polished the spine on...nothing too special compared to what I am seeing above). I have carried it and used it for a few years and never really developed much love for the geometry (or the S90V). It is a great blade, but just doesn't jive well with my personal preferences.

Nice thread and custom work, guys! I have been away for a while and the customization these days really blows away the stuff I was doing (when I thought I was pretty good). Keep it up!

I love the 940, but some of them come from the factory with a poorly formed sharpening choil that does not clear the plunge grind. A subset of those, like mine shown below, come with a corresponding recurve from the factory. I extended the sharpening choil on this knife using a chainsaw sharpening bit in my dremel tool. I began the work using the dremel, but completed the shape using the bits by hand. Then I finished with a ceramic rod. I'm no blade smith, but I think it looks good. It also feels good knowing that I rescued the knife and gave it a sharpening future.

20211211-144049.jpg

20211211-144019.jpg

20211211-143946.jpg

20211211-144032.jpg

wiCZeYr.jpg
4fI32yj.jpg
I just bought this 940 today that I’ve never heard of. It’s a 940TI-400 complete with box and supposedly only 125 made. It looks legit to me but what do you guys think? Did I get ripped off with a fake?

Haha well it’s my first 940 so I’m going to hold on to it.
I’m just Josh’n u friend. I’m glad to meet other people that like the 940. Have u liked Benchmade long? I’ve been collecting 940’s for a while now… this one is unique with the s30v and ti handle. It’s from 2004. The ti models they put out now all have super steels and fancy dlc coatings.. but this one is cool. I actually like s30v on my blades. Let me know if u want to trade or sell it. I’d give u five hundred for it or trade for a diff 940. Anyways just offering that and my 940 brotherhood. Take care.

I’m just Josh’n u friend. I’m glad to meet other people that like the 940. Have u liked Benchmade long? I’ve been collecting 940’s for a while now… this one is unique with the s30v and ti handle. It’s from 2004. The ti models they put out now all have super steels and fancy dlc coatings.. but this one is cool. I actually like s30v on my blades. Let me know if u want to trade or sell it. I’d give u five hundred for it or trade for a diff 940. Anyways just offering that and my 940 brotherhood. Take care.
I actually only have one other benchmade that’s been my daily carry for about 3 years. It’s an emissary 470 with s30v and it’s been flawless except for the day I dropped it on concrete with the blade open… oops. I always sharpen my own blades but it chipped it pretty good so I sent it in for the life sharp and it came back good as new:thumbsup:. I had been eyeing the 940 for a while so when I saw this one at a gun show I couldn’t pass it up. Unfortunately I don’t think I can bring myself to actually use it lol. Anyways thanks for the info and if I ever decide to let it go I’ll definitely let you know!

Thanks bud. Please do. I’ll make sure you get a sweet deal that favors you if you ever do let her go. That particular 940 model is special to me in many ways. Most people overlook the -400 in favor of the much sought after -401. It has a Damascus blade but same handle. It is an absolute grail to 940 guys. But the -400 is a grail to me. anyways I’m rambling on here. Id like to give you my email and phone number so you can get ahold of me if you ever did decide to move it. My name is tyler vaughn. I guess u could find me on Facebook messenger. I could share contact info there and some awesome collection pics. Anyways I’ll leave u alone. Take care. -tyler

Sweet! How do you like it? I have one incoming.
I highly recommend one I really liked it. Unfortunately it was sold to buy another knife but not because I didn’t like it . It really is a classic and for good reason . Especially that dealer exclusive 👍🏻

Back