940 Picture Thread: Show us those 940s!!

Man, I'm kinda regretting parting with my REI exclusive version after seeing some of these pics.

A slightly OT detour:

Looking at the Ti/CF 940 above I have a question(s). How strong (as in flex) is there with the two materials, the CF bolster and the Ti scale? I see that the bolster appears to be solidly mounted to the axis lock liner with the first scale screw, but what about the rest of the scale, as in there appears to be only one mount at the second scale screw.

The reason I ask is I'm debating getting a Cabela's 940-1601 with the CF scales and the wood bolster (and it's substantially cheaper than the 940-1) and want to make sure that the join between the two materials will hold up under normal usage.

Ah, while I was writing up this post, I see someone posted a 1601 anyway and that's the one I'm debating on getting.

A slightly OT detour:

Looking at the Ti/CF 940 above I have a question(s). How strong (as in flex) is there with the two materials, the CF bolster and the Ti scale? I see that the bolster appears to be solidly mounted to the axis lock liner with the first scale screw, but what about the rest of the scale, as in there appears to be only one mount at the second scale screw.

The reason I ask is I'm debating getting a Cabela's 940-1601 with the CF scales and the wood bolster (and it's substantially cheaper than the 940-1) and want to make sure that the join between the two materials will hold up under normal usage.

Ah, while I was writing up this post, I see someone posted a 1601 anyway and that's the one I'm debating on getting.
I have experienced no real “flex” between the cf and Ti, it all feels very secure and solid. The 940-1 is also solid, but if you push hard enough you can get he scales to flex. I cannot say for the 1601 as I bought it today and haven’t yet had time to evaluate. However, the knife feels just as solid as the 940-1 and of course lighter than the 940-121.

z7czb81.jpg

Nice collections guys.

I see some anodized aluminum handles, where did you guys have that work done (+ how much did you pay)? I'd like to get my green 940 anodized black.

My favorite all-time Benchmade folder is the 940/943. The fist four below are users: first one below is from 2005, the second one is from 2006, the third one from 2011 and the fourth one from 2014. The rest are kept brand new in reserve.

GdGi161.jpg

ituYCev.jpg

Last edited:
The 940-1 is amazing. I’ve only held it once but everything about it sang to me. Except the s90v and the price tag. But the weight, the feel and the action at the store were all perfect. So I got the -2 instead :p

Back