940 Picture Thread: Show us those 940s!!

I was sold on scales of the 940-1601 versus the other 940 models. But I couldn't help myself I still ended up tweaking the appearances a little with zirconium thumbstuds and titanium standoffs.

ETuo2DO.jpg

B9D1D9B8-26E5-4A00-BD76-2E58D1C2EFC9.jpeg B19D445F-CBEC-4346-A978-BAC73FBF678D.jpeg The Anthem is very similar in size to the 940/943. Even though I have never broken an Omega spring, I think the new Axis lock as installed in the Anthem will be a much more reliable system. The draw back of the new Axis lock is its requirement of an integral frame to mount the rod, compression coil spring, and sliding tab to work the lock bar. No lock plates, no Omega springs.
Because the frame is one piece, the lock bar has a T-30 TORX nut on each end. The left hand nut is staked, and the right hand nut is removable. You need 2 T-30 sockets to remove the nut, and the tips of the sockets must be ground back to gain access to the nuts.

Last edited:
Love those blue scales- where did you get them?
Thanks. They are actually a lot prettier in person.
The blue ones are, IIRC, October, 2000 Benchmade Knife of the Month knives. Benchmade did not do the KOM thing for very long.

Any of you 940 lovers have an enjoy using the SBK version (black combo edge) over the plain satin? Obviously the plain blade is more popular but I'd like to hear how folks like the serrated version. The siren song of the 940 is calling to me again but this time i'm contemplating the combo edge. Any thoughts?

Any of you 940 lovers have an enjoy using the SBK version (black combo edge) over the plain satin? Obviously the plain blade is more popular but I'd like to hear how folks like the serrated version. The siren song of the 940 is calling to me again but this time i'm contemplating the combo edge. Any thoughts?
Not a 940, but a few weeks ago I picked up a NOS 908 SBK Stryker. I always wanted a 908 but never got around to it, so when I saw it listed, I jumped. I wasn't too thrilled about the "S" part of it and the "BK" was ok but I have actually warmed up to the serrations. They do a good job of cutting through the sides of beef boxes and it looks really nice as well.

Back