940 Picture Thread: Show us those 940s!!

915-E98-EF-40-E6-4621-A0-F6-C690049208-AD.jpg

No, Flytanium Ti thumb studs I could have went with the bugout thumb studs but it requires me to ask BM for spare.

I have bugout thumb studs on my 940-1501 and some titanium thumb studs from Adrian at xxxadrenalinxxx on another 940. I like them since they both use the standard T6 torx bit. How do you like the Flytanium ones?

JonesE

How do you like the Flytanium ones?

Personally, i should have gone with Adrian one. Had great experience with my ZT 456 hardwares from him, Flytanium on the other was a mixed feeling. Anodization was patchy and uneven in some places and the color is really off, like a dark silvery blue whereas Adrian's is a vivid blue which matches the thumb stud.

That is good to know. I was going to place an order with Flytanium when they had the thumb studs back in stock. I think I will just go ahead and shoot an order of to Adrian since his stuff is worth the wait in shipping time. Thanks

JonesE

Hi jlomein, your Griptilian looks so awesome. It is like a griptilian and a yojimbo had a baby.

JonesE

Thanks, it was created out of need. I spent a year living in Japan where they have very strict knife laws. My Mini-Grip was my favourite at the time so I had it shortened to meet blade length restrictions. I would strongly advise no one else to do the same. Japanese knife laws may have changed, and in general foreigners are scrutinized more harshly. Even if it was legal (I'm still unsure if it was actually legal for carry and use in public), most urban citizens were appalled at the idea of carrying a pocket knife.

The other downside is that shortening the Mini-Grip blade completely throws off the balance of axis lock deployment. It can't be reliably flicked open or closed at all.

Back in December I converted my 943SBK into a 943SBK-2. I was never very happy with how it turned out since the -2 scales were pretty beat up. After looking for a while I ordered a set of black burlap micarta scales from RC Bladeworks. After a month, they arrived today and I swapped the scales. Fit and finish are excellent. I highly recommend these scales. Best part it came with a matching backspacer.

Back