Votes: 13 27.7%
  • 940-1702

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • 940-1

Votes: 27 57.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hooray, I'm super happy for you.

Timber...not knocking your opinion of aluminum... I've had the bottom two and they are great feeling...but aluminum feels nasty in my hand...it's that simple.
cheers,
p.s. Those two BM's were a quick pass-thru; never carried either one...

Last edited:
Timber...not knocking your opinion of aluminum... I've had the bottom two and they are great feeling...but aluminum feels nasty in my hand...it's that simple.
cheers,

No worries, Don. :thumbsup:

BTW, it isn't my overall opinion of aluminum; it's just the model of 940 I'd choose. Iconic, I suppose.

Just picked up a used 940-1 that arrived in the mail an hour ago. I don’t have the others but I own 11 Benchmade knives now including a custom mini crooked, a 556-1 and 765 that have been my favorites from BM. After just handling the 940-1 I can tell it’s going to be part of my regular rotation for certain and might take the top spot for awhile. Thought about pulling the trigger a few times before and now I see what all the hype is about. Shabazz did point out those darn screws sticking through to the inside that might eat away at me a bit and wish I hadn’t watched that video!

I abstained from voting because there is no wrong choice. The 940 is an icon, and as long as you get the model that "sings" to you, you will be happy.
All that being said.. My first choice would be the s90v Titanium handle 940-2001.

Benchmade-940-Osborne-AXIS-Lock-Ti-Satin-940-2001-BHQ-106722-jr.jpg

Big jump in price though

Just picked up a used 940-1 that arrived in the mail an hour ago. I don’t have the others but I own 11 Benchmade knives now including a custom mini crooked, a 556-1 and 765 that have been my favorites from BM. After just handling the 940-1 I can tell it’s going to be part of my regular rotation for certain and might take the top spot for awhile. Thought about pulling the trigger a few times before and now I see what all the hype is about. Shabazz did point out those darn screws sticking through to the inside that might eat away at me a bit and wish I hadn’t watched that video!
I missed on that one. Good catch.

I abstained from voting because there is no wrong choice. The 940 is an icon, and as long as you get the model that "sings" to you, you will be happy.
All that being said.. My first choice would be the s90v Titanium handle 940-2001.

Benchmade-940-Osborne-AXIS-Lock-Ti-Satin-940-2001-BHQ-106722-jr.jpg

Big jump in price though
You're right. I will probably order straight from Benchmade's website. I just realized they give a substantial discount to first responders.

I missed on that one. Good catch.
Yeah man, sorry I bumped you but I’m glad I snagged it. Came in great condition. The edge grind is uneven as seems to be too often the case, but otherwise looks brand new!

Not doing exclusives anymore? Could you disclose where you heard that? If not, I understand. That would be unfortunate news.

It is only something I heard from a reviewer on Youtube (cant recall at the moment) that they would focus on limited runs like the 940-2001 and sell to all dealers rather than do exclusives. Honestly I too would like more insight on this.

I never liked the Aluminium handled 940s because of the finish.It just felt weird in my hands,chalky and easily showed scratches.

Because of the above reasons,I can't selection any of the choices for your poll.My recommendation would be the G-10 version for the S30V steel and S90V for either the carbon fiber or titanium versions.

Last edited:
I got the REI and dig it, but then picked up one of the titanium ones. REI is now for sale — can’t beat that stonewashed S90v blade

I got the REI and dig it, but then picked up one of the titanium ones. REI is now for sale — can’t beat that stonewashed S90v blade
One of the brand new titanium version benchmade just released? How much did it end up costing u? Really digging this one for my next 940 but $325 is a bit steep, think that's about what they're going for right now

Benchmade seems to do a good job with their S90V, and the 940-1 is the best looking of the lot IMO. I ended up buying a -1 instead of the other offerings.

I carried BM for a few yrs and finally burned out on their 154cm that wouldn't get sharp or stay sharp, even when I paid them for sharpening...
However, I cannot deny the GREAT appeal of the 940-1 with S90V and CF.
So, a couple of hrs ago, I bought one here...BNIB...(or ANIB) as it is pre-owned.
I'll be excited to receive it in the mail. It will be my first BM folder in "many" yrs...

I carried BM for a few yrs and finally burned out on their 154cm that wouldn't get sharp or stay sharp, even when I paid them for sharpening...
However, I cannot deny the GREAT appeal of the 940-1 with S90V and CF.
So, a couple of hrs ago, I bought one here...BNIB...(or ANIB) as it is pre-owned.
I'll be excited to receive it in the mail. It will be my first BM folder in "many" yrs...
I was under the impression BM sharpened them for free.

I was under the impression BM sharpened them for free.
IF that's true, than I apologize...it was likely close to twenty yrs ago, and I don't remember either way...
But, their free sharpening was worth exactly what I paid for it...
I never came close to 154cm again...although some folks (and manufacturers) still use it...

IF that's true, than I apologize...it was likely close to twenty yrs ago, and I don't remember either way...
But, their free sharpening was worth exactly what I paid for it...
I never came close to 154cm again...although some folks (and manufacturers) still use it...
Maybe you got a bad one. Their 154cm is fantastic, at least according to cut testing.

How about 940-1601?

I have the Benchmade 940-1, but I love this version made by Cabela's and it's now my favorite version of 940:

zQXCGxZ.jpg
I added the -1601 to my 940/3 corral last September and it is literally flawless, as far as a production knife goes. However, I like and use all my 940's so I really don't have a favourite, even though my "Hulk" 940 gets the most carry time (I really-really-really like the Boba Fett look of the finish after it gets beat up).

Don't let anyone sway you from the D2 steel as it works just fine and BM does a great job with that steel.

I like the Cabelas scales the best as well. Wasn't sure about the D2 steel so I swapped in the 20cv blade from a 940-1501. I find the 943 appealing as well. Slightly lighter. Less than 2.25 oz. with the mini deep carry clip.IMG_2785.jpeg

Back