A 2016 Forum Knife. An apology, and The Crossroads!

Tsar you could host a party and issue all in attendance their own personal bottle opener. :D Very nice my friend very nice.

Ah yes, a single blade is much easier, more comfortable, and affordable than multi blades. Im now a single lambsfoot convert!
I was thinking about the tang stamp last night, and thought I would look into classic sheffield stamps as well as american classics, and see if a sheffield layout, with american font and embellishment, would be something attainable.

Connor

...BTW, Bill has a lot of work done on the 3 3/4" EE (future scout). We have an opportunity to have the "Triple P" version, if we choose!

I hate to lose that opportunity, and any goodwill with Bill. Even more, since it's new this is the optimum time for us to get in and this might just speed production...

That would be an incredible knife but I don't think we'd hit the $100 price target.

I love Charlies vision of Phillls knife as well..

Sounds like a winner to me Charlie.

What an opportunity!!! In my opinion, to pass on this would be silly.

It seems like there's growing support for using the new 3 3/4 equal end pattern. I also think it's a good opportunity for us.

LOL! Nice collection!

You know, if tradition is what we're after in kicking around the idea of a '16 forum knife, there is a well-loved and well-worn pattern nobody's mentioned...

It even solves the caplifter conundrum quite nicely. :D

SupraT-if you have time and the inclination could you post some older equal-ends that have a punch? pretty please? also the robeson equal with a punch a few pages back is deserving of some study(not asking you to repost that! ST). is 440c going to be a possibility? i wasn't clear on Waynorth's mention of a "triple p".could someone clear my ignorance up? (keep the jokes down) thanks, Neal

FYI my Robeson is quite a bit smaller than the proposed 3 3/4" forum knife. It would translate well to the larger size though. It's just a bit too small IMO.

IMG_5760_zpsykds9wvh.jpg~original

SupraT-if you have time and the inclination could you post some older equal-ends that have a punch? pretty please? also the robeson equal with a punch a few pages back is deserving of some study(not asking you to repost that! ST). is 440c going to be a possibility? i wasn't clear on Waynorth's mention of a "triple p".could someone clear my ignorance up? (keep the jokes down) thanks, Neal

Neal, Charlie is the harness jack expert so I'd really need to defer to him on the subject. He's done several runs (atleast 7 but probably more) of harness jacks. There are 2 equal-ends in this photo.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/902839-Harness-Jacks-Special-Orders

Here is a wonderful picture of a collection. It is of course, a group of SFO Harness Jacks, one from each edition I've had produced.

charlies_specials-sm.jpg

The knife at the lower left is the only Ebony one produced that year - one of a kind. I think I see a prototype in there also, upper right. Ebony has since grown to be my most popular version!

Kerry Hampton took the picture, so you might guess who owns these.;)
He's given me permission to post this pic, and to quote him; "I think they are the greatest thing since sliced bread!":eek:

Needless to say, I am honored!:)

Here's a scan of a double-end from a 1910 catalog

Here's an old Terrier double-end that belongs to CANoyes

And Terrier double-ended:

Last edited:
neal70; i wasn't clear on Waynorth's mention of a "triple p".could someone clear my ignorance up? (keep the jokes down) thanks said:
I believe triple p refers to premier pattern production. It is used on the first production run of a new pattern. You'll get no jokes from me being new to the forum and trying to learn as much as possible from all the experienced members. Hope this helps-

3 3/4 equal end is great! Single blade lambs foot also great! Never had a BF knife, and wish I had got one last year.

The lambsfoot was not doing it for me either. I did take 2 seconds to learn the difference. Not sure why the all the hostility about it.

Not sure what you mean by that?

Well being a new member of the forum, I would like to have one, no matter what it is.

Welcome to Traditionals WP, you're far from the only unfamiliar face appearing here :thumbup:

Isn't the 'PPP' etch something we could choose to have put on any new - or not so new - GEC pattern?

Back