A Barlow in Every Pocket!!!!!

Chief

Chief Master Sergeant USAF (ret) 1975-2000
Platinum Member
The prize: NIT TC Barlow peachseed jig bone single clip as pictured.

The rules: Must not own a TC Barlow because you might have a difficult time affording one. Must be a contributing member of the Traditional forum, let's say 25 posts. To enter post "Thank you Charlie Campagna for your vision to put a Barlow in Every Pocket. I promise to carry and use this TC Barlow and will never sell it." If you also tell us how you would use the knife, I'll include a mystery bonus.

Giveaway will run for one week, winner to be selected by random number generator. Must be 18 years old and legal for you to own. Happy Valentine's Day and good fortune to all!

TCbarlowpeachseedsingleclipgiveaway1.jpg

Thank you Charlie Campagna for your vision to put a Barlow in Every Pocket. I promise to carry and use this TC Barlow and will never sell it.

I am MOST definitely in. Ive been bitten by the Barlow bug and have yet to be able to get my hands on one, mainly because I dont spend that much on knives, but also because they get snatched up so quick. It would likely ride every single day in my right pocket and be used for everything I currently use my #72 for, from peeling apples in the morning to cutting open mail and doing random chores around the house/yard. Ide also probably not get any work done for the first little bit because Ide end up staring at it all day. Ive said it before and will say it again...this forum is the best Ive encountered in any and all hobbies Ive been a part of. If I were to win this knife, Ide put my current #72 up for a GAW (if allowed) as a way to keep the good will going and to free up my right pocket lol.

Thanks for the chance Chief!!!

Matt

Not an entry because I'm already in a giveaway for another Barlow so I don't want to take the chance away from someone else, but just wanted to say thanks for an awesome giveaway. That's what I love about this community.

I'm in.
Thank you Charlie Campagna for your vision to put a Barlow in Every Pocket. I promise to carry and use this TC Barlow and will never sell it.

I don't have a ton of disposable income lately, so my purchases are some what spread out. I've wanted a TC ever since I saw the single clip red soup bones, but with the ever increasing competition surrounding Charlie's SFOs I've decided to sit them out.
I really enjoy my sheepsfoot 15. I just love everything about the pattern. It's about the perfect size for me.
I would use that knife just as I use my others which is for anything and everything that needs cutting. I do construction type work, so my knives see pretty consistent work.
Thanks for the chance!

"Thank you Charlie Campagna for your vision to put a Barlow in Every Pocket. I promise to carry and use this TC Barlow and will never sell it."

I too do not own a GEC Barlow. I guess I am breaking the rules here because I don't have the required number of posts as mentioned above but I really wanted to enter this. I visit the site frequently but have been reluctant to post anything because I have not felt knowledgeable enough to feel as though I would help anyone with anything. I have been collecting knives for several years and I guess I have burned through the modern folder phase of my collecting. I have recently started to covet the traditional folder, I guess for a couple of reasons. I think I am desiring the nostalgic feel of when I was a boy with my first knives, but also I want some nice traditional folders in my collection that I can pass down to my son one day. After really looking into modern produced traditional folders I have decided to focus my collection on GEC knives. There is something about a barlow that I love but I have hit a wall when it comes to finding a GEC barlow for under $200. I love the knife collection hobby and would love to add one of these to my collection so someday my son will feel as special holding it in his hand as I would. Anyway, I would appreciate your consideration of my request to enter.

Thanks,

Jack

Thank you Charlie Campagna for you vision to put a Barlow in every pocket. I promise to carry and use this TC Barlow and will never sell it. That's so nice I'd sleep with it under my pillow. I have a lot of stuff to open and unwrap at both my jobs and that would be a beautiful helper. Very awesome knife. Thank for the opportunity...

Hey there John. Mate what a very generous and thoughtful giveaway.
Not an entry but a huge thank you kind Sir :cool::thumbup:

"Thank you Charlie Campagna for your vision to put a Barlow in every pocket. I promise to carry and use this TC Barlow and will never sell it."
First off thank you chief for this very generous GAW! This would be my TC mainly because I can't afford one and there very hard to find. As for what I would use it for I'm on a Ranch so lots of cutting on a day to day basis.

Daniel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jackus, your heart's in the right place, you're in. Not going to count posts, but want the winner to be a contributor the best they can.

Thanks for your generosity! I would use it in my daily chores around the homestead from opening letters and feed bags to cutting up an apple when it is time for a break. And every thing in between! I have long lusted after the TC barlow but have never been able to afford one. Especially living in Canada with the shipping and the exchange rate, they are simply out of reach for me and will be for the forsee able future.

Best of luck to all and thank you for the opportunity!

Thanks so much for the chance, this would be my first Barlow of any kind. I have definitely been tempted by the TC's on the exchange recently, but the budget was not cooperating.

My primary use would probably be apples and such, most of the heavy/dirty work goes to non-traditional folders.

Thanks again,
~Chip

Chief,

I will be a contributing member going forward. I don't know why but I just can't seem to get enough knives lol.

Thanks,

^^lucky #13!^^
Wow that's a nice one! Thank you for this opportunity. I've been collecting traditional folders for a couple years now, but I've kept my budget to around $50 or below. All are users. I've been tempted by these GEC Barlows on the secondary market, but man do they go fast. I actually have 3 GEC knives that were used, gifted, and 1 was a weak moment at last year's BLADE show. I would love to add to that number because they are o so nice!
As for planned use, it would be used for any knife worthy chore.
Thanks again!

Last edited:
I love this forum, and read it every day. I have only owned one TC Barlow, for a brief period, but had to pass it along to cover unforeseen expenses.
I would love to have a chance if I can.

Thank you!
Chris

"Thank you Charlie Campagna for your vision to put a Barlow in Every Pocket. I promise to carry and use this TC Barlow and will never sell it."

Always wanted one but as you well know they are difficult to come by. It's ironic that the lowly barlow has become so valuable. I'd love to slip one into the daily carry rotation. That's what I'd use it for. Thanks for your generosity and the chance!

Thank you Charlie Campagna for your vision to put a Barlow in Every Pocket. I promise to carry and use this TC Barlow and will never sell it."

Awesome GAW. I don't really collect knives, I use them. Maintaining a knife is more fun than collecting IMHO. Never owned a Barlow style either. Thanks again!

Not an entry, John, just wanted to say what a great giveaway!

Great stuff John :) Good luck everyone :thumbup:

Back