A beautiful Bocote - one I haven’t carried

I am an advocate of using Chris Reeve’s great designs as intended and putting them in pocket. I find the knives become more valuable to me as they develop character and collect memories. However, I got a couple safe-queens in my humble collection. Here is one. My Small 21 wood-inlayed 21. I love the richness of the Bocote inlays (now discontinued) and the glitter of the Devon Thomas Ladder Damascus (also discontinued). I am quite sure this knife would make a great pocket companion, but I’ve been happy to let it exists as an unsullied example of the height of “artistry meets function meets clean design” in the small inlayed 21.

Anyways.......being that it is a “triple discontinued” knife, I may let it remain a safe queen, or I might find a reason to pocket it some day.

Here are some pics:

WP1BhC3.jpg

5NigtYv.jpg

ZSJs1PT.jpg

U45OnFl.jpg

bPNfmcn.jpg

Ns7pIqb.jpg

That is gorgeous! Maybe you should carry it with a backup that could do any real work that might come up during the day. It is a shame to hide that one away!

If you have more than one CRK, then it’s ok to have a safe queen. IMO, not all CRK’s should become users. And now that D.T. no longer makes Damascus, it makes perfect sense to have one that will bring a smile to your face by just admiring the beauty of the knife untouched.
I know I have at least one that will never see any use. Maybe two ;)

Back