A bittersweet retirement

This morning as expected I was rewarded for being good this year with a RC 3. This required the retirement of my RAT 3s. I have carried a RAT 3 since they were introduced. Initially I had a D2 model then when the 1095 model was introduced I started carrying it. They have served me very well for every task they were called upon to do even some that could be considered abusive. They have performed like a much larger knife splitting wood and various bushcraft and camp chores. This morning they were retired in favor of my RC 3. The handle on the RC 3 is superior and I really like the sheath. I thought the RAT 3 was EDC fixed blade perfection, but it has been bested by the RC 3. It opened presents like a champ this morning and has carried well all day. I am excited to put it to use starting tommorrow.

Excellent Replacement As I Am Carrying A Rat-3 As Well,bday Coming Around And Rc3 Is On My List...

I have a nice little retirement home here in Minnesota for your RAT3, if you'd like to ease your conscience a little:D.

sorry XMP it has a lot of sentimental value. After putting the RC 3 through its paces today I am super impressed. This thing is great.

I carried my RC3 yesterday for the first time - my constant companion before had been my RAT3 as well. I'm not going to pull the RAT3 from the mix, though - sometimes the shorter handle and rounded pommel are more convenient to stash - but the RC3 is top notch and wis my new EDC. The handle improvement and new serrations are perfect - and the aesthetics are top notch.

Back