A Box From Bath! :)

Tucked away in the lower left, I spied some Brickhouse smokes. May be the real coup here (well, except for the knife and the baseball). If you smoke, that is.

No, no, no… if I'd have wanted to make that sort of dig, I'd have included one of these. :D

2015-Saratoga-National-Historical-Park-Quarter.jpg

That is funny Barrett, although I don't know why I'm laughing I'm English too. :D

Great stuff, enjoy that beautiful knife Jack and the pearl (American slang for a new baseball) :). Well done Barrett! :thumbsup:

What a great gift, and a great act of generosity from a fine member.

I love American chocolate, but it's often considered to be inferior to European chocolate so you may not be too impressed depending on what you're used to.
Now if there had been a Reese's nutrageous bar in there it might make you wish you lived here in the states ;)

Believe it or not, I didn't actually notice the beautiful knife there until you said to not look at it yet.

Jack, I'm glad that the package made it to you, and more importantly that you like its contents!

(There was one other coin in there -- an old wheat penny -- but it may have slipped out of that matchbox somewhere between Arizona and Leeds!)

No, no, no… if I'd have wanted to make that sort of dig, I'd have included one of these. :D

2015-Saratoga-National-Historical-Park-Quarter.jpg

Thanks again Barrett, I have the penny now :)

LOL! :D :thumbsup:

Love seeing post like this! Very thoughtful gifts! Enjoy your bounty! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good show Barrett and congratulations Jack. Two of our very finest.

Thanks a lot guys :) :thumbsup:

Tucked away in the lower left, I spied some Brickhouse smokes. May be the real coup here (well, except for the knife and the baseball). If you smoke, that is.

I think that's actually a matchbox my friend, unless it held very small smokes! :) Barrett filled it with US coins for me :thumbsup:

I had a winnowing oar when I first got to Texas 35 years ago. Folks here, far from the sea, tend to think it used as a fan.....

:) :thumbsup:

That is funny Barrett, although I don't know why I'm laughing I'm English too. :D

:D :D :thumbsup:

Great stuff, enjoy that beautiful knife Jack and the pearl (American slang for a new baseball) :). Well done Barrett! :thumbsup:

Thanks my friend, and thanks for adding another word to my vocabulary :)

What a great gift, and a great act of generosity from a fine member.

I love American chocolate, but it's often considered to be inferior to European chocolate so you may not be too impressed depending on what you're used to.
Now if there had been a Reese's nutrageous bar in there it might make you wish you lived here in the states ;)

Believe it or not, I didn't actually notice the beautiful knife there until you said to not look at it yet.

LOL! :D Mmmm, pretzels, peanut butter, and chocolate, what a great combination! :)

Great stuff gents:thumbsup:

:) :thumbsup:

Great Write up jack- I couldn't think of a more deserving person than yourself to receive such a great gift - Barrett well Done matey!:thumbsup:

Please let me squatt this thread amoment. I also received a box from Barret-in-Bath :)
This is that :
Unicorn%20Ivory%2025%201-1_zpspsjowm67.jpg

Oh, sorry here is the real content :
Barrett.jpg

What else could I say? I am overwhelmed by this gift! I knew something was on my way but the Unicorn is Unique and truly Unexpected!
A great thank you is hardly enough!

ps I dig the Arizona quarter $!
pps I'd never thought a pearl could be that hard! :D

Last edited:
Great Write up jack- I couldn't think of a more deserving person than yourself to receive such a great gift - Barrett well Done matey!:thumbsup:

Aw, thanks Duncan, you're a great pal :) :thumbsup:

Please let me squatt this thread amoment. I also received a box from Barret-in-Bath :)
This is that :
Unicorn%20Ivory%2025%201-1_zpspsjowm67.jpg

Oh, sorry here is the real content :
View attachment 756052

What else could I say? I am overwhelmed by this gift! I knew something was on my way but the Unicorn is Unique and truly Unexpected!
A great thank you is hardly enough!

ps I dig the Arizona quarter $!
pps I'd never thought a pearl could be that hard! :D

LOL! :D Fantastic stuff JP, and well done Barrett :) :thumbsup:

Back