A Buck 117 For $280.00

OMG! What am I missing other than two knot-heads bidding this common knife up to this stupid price?

I hope it's no member here or I'm in hot water,unless they're the seller.LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
well it's just like the people selling the recently put out Kalinga folder for 4x original sale price. it wasn't that long ago they came out.

Of course I looked at the listing, so I just got a message, "buck knife 117 small mini special is almost yours...The countdown has begun".

Bert

Still on C&C site, (out of stock) and sold for $79.99.
I remember them having a sale on the 5160's for $69.

edit;
Beings they still have it listed, wouldn't it be awesome if they got them back in stock?

Last edited:
Dang! I was going to come in at the last second and raise the bid, but I was too late.

Wow.

It would not surprise me at all if the bidders were someone that follow this forum.

Posts here (especially the SPS) can fuel over an exuberance on the part of a buyer wanting an particular knife, especially an out of stock dealer "exclusive" model and the future availability of these dealer exclusives being unknown.

But still... I'd much rather spend that amount on a knife from the Buck Custom shop.

Last edited:
What is a fair price to ask for an unused 117 Brahma with sheath no box?

What is a fair price to ask for an unused 117 Brahma with sheath no box?

market value.

I dont know what that is currently with these being gone from production. i know the regular brahmas were listed very high last I looked. no idear if they were selling at those prices or not.

maybe ask Craig. he does a lot of selling sure he knows the market value.

Speaking of market value, the following knife appears to be a Bass Pro Cherrywood 119 (not a custom order as stated by the seller) which can be had brand new and shipped for free from Cabelas/BassPro for $100.

My theory is all the "free" Covid money is making some folks a bit too carefree when purchasing valuable items?

Last edited:
Speaking of market value, the following knife appears to be a Bass Pro Cherrywood 119 (not a custom order as stated by the seller) which can be had brand new and shipped for free from Cabelas/BassPro for $100.

My theory is all the "free" Covid money is making some folks dumber and dumber.

I agree with ya. cant forget about that collector who collect cherry wood is missing that one year type of buyer. course I dont collect things like years and low limited edition numbers and other to me silliness. course my own collecting habits and processes are silly too. I wont argue that. never underestimate the stupidity of a collector to finish a collection, myself included. ive done some very stupid things....sometimes still do.

BTW shouldnt link to auctions i dont think were supposed to do that, even if ended.

I certainly hope it was something specific about the knife that the bidders/buyer found important. I can appreciate that point of view.

I certainly hope it was something specific about the knife that the bidders/buyer found important. I can appreciate that point of view.
yeah. then again might just be the "free" covid money making people stupid, like ya said.:)

In retrospect, and out of respect for a point of view I had not considered I edited "dumber and dumber" to something with less sting. Financial responsibility does not always apply when feeding the need for one more blade. Being just as guilty as the next dude, I most definitely can respect that.:thumbsup:

In retrospect, and out of respect for a point of view I had not considered I edited "dumber and dumber" to something with less sting. Financial responsibility does not always apply when feeding the need for one more blade. Being just as guilty as the next dude, I most definitely can respect that.:thumbsup:
naw. worlds gotten too sensitive. I call myself dumb or stupid when I do something dumb or stupid.

sticks and stones routine. guess somehow kids stopped being taught that long ago the way folks act today. regardless of my thoughts...decent of ya to change it, but it was harmless and making a point not criticizing any particular person.

Back