A Busse combat in Knife or Death?

Hi
I just discovered this show, and of course wondered if someone ever brought a Busse in there?

Ha Ha, not yet, but I'm waiting to see a Gladius make an appearance....

...or Chuckette.:D

I think I have seen all of the episodes, and there have not been any Busse's just yet. The show tries to encourage people to bring their own knives that they have made, but that is not a hard requirement. I think a MOAB could do well, but a Hognose War Sword might be the best choice for many of the obstacles in their courses (if it had some edge tuning done to it to make it a bit more slicey). I have seen at least two CPK knives on the show, which was pretty cool to see knives on there that I actually own. It's an entertaining show.

I have wondered if a well sharpened BB-13 would do well in the hands of a physically fit user. Stout enough to handle the wood boxes but light enough to handle the slicing/cutting obstacles.

Agreed. BB13 or a 1311?
I compared my 1311 to a CPK Behemoth Chopper, thinking length might help, & balance is spot on, might need more handle tho...

Attachments

• C4A46BFF-57B9-4D77-A227-ACBB3768840C.jpeg
    C4A46BFF-57B9-4D77-A227-ACBB3768840C.jpeg
    207.3 KB · Views: 43
  • E3A02B10-931C-4A36-841D-5FDF56A034B6.jpeg
    E3A02B10-931C-4A36-841D-5FDF56A034B6.jpeg
    139.5 KB · Views: 40
Agreed. BB13 or a 1311?
I compared my 1311 to a CPK Behemoth Chopper, thinking length might help, & balance is spot on, might need more handle tho...

I have medium hands and I can get a decent hand and a half on the pommel of my MOABOLO and ForM. That's a great option for the larger Fusion handle models...lots of flexibility which would be an asset in a competition like KOD...or so it would seem to this armchair chopper.:rolleyes:

I'm surprised that there aren't more KOD competitors who choose to compete with blades that have TWO edges or a sharpened swedge. o_O

I'd love to see a larger Gladius running the course in the hands of the right HOG. Both edges would be very useful and the neutral placement of the handle relative to the edges would give you approx. equal force for both sides of the blade.

Seems to be a no-brainer to dedicate one edge for bashing the iceblock and boxes and save the more acute edge for the chicken, fish, etc. Must be something obvious that I'm too dumb to see :oops:...like a rule or something.;)

When the Hog Nosed War Sword came out I wondered what it would it be good for. Then I saw Knife or Death. It would be unstoppable.

Nothing smaller than a waki variant. Need 2 hands.

And the most important aspect. :confused:Cardio!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

No matter what blade , you must be able to move faster than a snail with out passing out.

even though I haven't held one yet, been thinking for a while that the FMV14 with two different edge geometries would rock that course.

Some people have brought real garbage. Junk knives. Some quality stuff too, though. Some are self made, and many are junk, used by contestants who have no business being on the show.

Back