1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

A Decision Has Been Made

Discussion in 'JK Handmade Knives' started by JK Knives, Nov 26, 2020.

1. JK Knives

JK Knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 6, 2001
    I will be keeping the forum open next year. I’m doing it for several reasons. I really appreciate that some of you have been going out of your way posting to try and keep it active here. Also I still have a lot of ideas that I want to have the opportunity to show. Lastly, my wife says if I stop making knives I will turn into a grumpy old man! (I thought I already was)
    Thank you all for your support.

2. RIP De Quincey Jinx

RIP De Quincey Jinx Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2020
    YES!!!

you have a good wife if there ever was one :)

the variety of knives you've made since 2009 is really quite astounding. I mean that was what I was thinking as I've been going over the pictures sticky.

it's inspiring seeing how someone has managed to create such a legacy doing what they love coming on the tail of something as difficult as getting outsourced after almost 4 decades of work.

again, happy thanksgiving to you JK and your family, and to everyone on here!!

3. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    Thanks!

4. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    Yeah!!!! You have a good wife too, I have a feeling she wants you to keep making knives so she can get you out of the house for awhile!! :D Looking forward to a good rest of the year, and better next year!! There is a light at the end of the tunnel....and I am sure that it is not a train coming in the opposite direction!!

JK Knives likes this.
  5. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    Thanks!

6. jds1

jds1

Jun 9, 2007
    I’m glad you decided to keep the forum rolling John. I don’t post as often as I used to, but I’ll try to add items of interest from time to time. Hope 2021 is a great year for JK Knives!

Jeff

JK Knives likes this.
  7. f1addict

f1addict Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 10, 2017
    That’s great news!! Thank you!

JK Knives likes this.
  8. greatscoot

greatscoot Would you like a Fresca? Platinum Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Very glad to hear this. There are still a couple more JK's I want to add to my collection.

9. cj65

cj65 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2008
    The only custom knife I have ever bought was from JK. :)

I know I don’t frequent this sub forum much but I am here today! Thx for keeping it open

10. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    Long time!

cj65 likes this.
  11. Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

Jul 16, 2007
    I'm glad to hear it! Sorry I've been a little sparse lately- this danged Bell's Palsy makes it hard to stare at a screen for long. I hope I kick it before long, it's really getting annoying!:confused::poop:

12. RBean

RBean

May 12, 1999
    Good news

JK Knives likes this.
  13. glennbad

glennbad Knife Moddin' Fool Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 13, 2003
    Good to hear this John!

JK Knives likes this.
  14. bikerector

bikerector KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 16, 2016
    Good to see this John. This is one of the few other sub-forums I like to check-in with both because you've helped me so much get my thing started and because you have some of the most relaxed and decent contributors that hangout here.

15. fishiker

fishiker

Nov 5, 2006
    Looking forward to 2021 being a great year.

16. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    I’m hoping so!

17. fishiker

fishiker

Nov 5, 2006
    As a whole 2020 is setting the bar low leaving plenty of room for 2021 to be better!

18. Sturubu

Sturubu Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 16, 2010
    I am glad to hear this, and thank you John! I may not contribute much, but this is still my favorite hang out, and you manage to keep such a great bunch of people around...

JK Knives likes this.
  19. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill

Jan 11, 2013
    Yes! You are a grumpy old man.

But I imagine it could get worse. I am super happy to know you and look forward to new knife models in the new year. You with the community are great at new ideas.
    I wish you, and everyone, a great 2021!