A drawing inspired by Skab

Yo guys. This is something I've been wanting to do for a while. The back story is, I posted the old time artist thread (on my other sub forum) and some of the guys posted up some amazing outdoor paintings of days gone by. Which got the wheels turning. Then Skab painted an awesome Turley knives ad in the spirit of the old timers. That did it.
He got me inspired to draw one up. I can't paint but I can draw a little so this is what I came up with.

Here it is without the lettering.

5113036476_11b3530ab9_b.jpg

Here it is with the lettering. I borrowed the bottom slogan from Skab.:eek:
5113036606_2d289d53b4_b.jpg

I can't paint a lick so that's as far as I can take it. I might play around with it in illustrator one day but I'm not sure.
I obviously used a picture of myself for reference. And I obviously added lots of muscle that I don't have because nobody thinks a skinny hillbilly is exciting.
It's kind of a wink to old adventure magazine covers. You know the ones that always had some lone woodsman being attacked by a bear or mountain lion?
Anyway, thanks to my brother Skab for the awesome painting and the inspiration!
Let me know if you love it or hate it.
Iz

That's a hell of an idea! I would have to have a shirt as well!

You know a skinny hillbilly gettin ate on by a cougar would cool! :4:

Everyone remembers the old Remington posters that showed some hardcore attack scenes. I can't forget them, and I can tell you all of them. At SMKW, there is about a million of them everywhere. You need to give that guy a tatoo though, he would look tougher, lol. Nice work Iz. Moose

That's a hell of an idea! I would have to have a shirt as well!

You know a skinny hillbilly gettin ate on by a cougar would cool! :4:

Only if it's a different skinny hillbilly than me.:eek::D

Everyone remembers the old Remington posters that showed some hardcore attack scenes. I can't forget them, and I can tell you all of them. At SMKW, there is about a million of them everywhere. You need to give that guy a tatoo though, he would look tougher, lol. Nice work Iz. Moose

Well what the heck am I paying you for if you're not gonna get me pictures of those posters?! I need pictures!:D;)
I could look at those things all day long.

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the encouragement and kind words without a doubt.
Iz

The amount of game you are packing around just makes me ill some days dude. :)

So if you are making t-shirts up, put me down for one. Well done bud. :thumbup:

-JP

. I can't paint but I can draw a little so this is what I came up with.
Iz

Seriously you can draw a lil huh! Anyway that is pretty awesome. I'm w/some of the others that would make a sweet tee shirt w/a few changes. I'm in for one if you decide to do it.

Seriously you can draw a lil huh! Anyway that is pretty awesome. I'm w/some of the others that would make a sweet tee shirt w/a few changes. I'm in for one if you decide to do it.

What kind of changes do you suggest, RR. I'm all ears when it comes to things like that. That's one of the major reasons I like posting this sort of thing up, after looking at for hours on end I tend to not see the big picture...heh no pun intended.

Thanks everybody. I appreciate all the very cool words of encouragement.
Iz

Iz, don't sell yourself short - you did good with that picture.
that would look great on a tan or olive shirt.
not too in your face, but it'd draw folks in and they'd remember the name.

Much-o thanks, guys.
Maybe I'll try and put a t-shirt together and see what it looks like.
Thanks for all the encouragement,guys!
Iz

I read this once and somehow didn't put it together that you drew that yourself. I am crazy impressed man. It looks awesome.

That is a beautiful drawing Iz! That on a T-shirt would be excellent!!!

Lol. I gotta find time to get to it!! I've got to get my woods time in somewhere and so the t-shirt is on the back burner 'till I get back in a couple days.:D
Thanks , guys.
Iz

Back