A drop in quality when transferring production to China?

Good day. Today I received my SOG Field Pup made in China, and I was unpleasantly surprised - there is a gap in the place where the blade passes into the handle. Was this problem previously with the production of the model in Taiwan, or is it only for Chinese versions? Interestingly, out of the three knives I ordered, this defect is present on all three!

I would say if the blade isn't loose in the handle I wouldn't worry too much. It's a cheap knife, it will probably hold up pretty well. If it is really not to your liking, return it for exchange or refund. For a little more money you can look at the SEAL Pup, with an excellent FRN handle and better steel.

I would say if the blade isn't loose in the handle I wouldn't worry too much. It's a cheap knife, it will probably hold up pretty well. If it is really not to your liking, return it for exchange or refund. For a little more money you can look at the SEAL Pup, with an excellent FRN handle and better steel.
This
SEAL Pup should solve your problems.
That's pretty much what I would expect from ~$20 SOG
Not knocking anyone that prefers knives in that price range, but issues like this are common.

Back