1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

A drop in quality when transferring production to China?

Discussion in 'SOG Specialty Knives' started by ilvexyret, Feb 22, 2021 at 4:55 PM.

1. ilvexyret

ilvexyret

Dec 23, 2017
    Good day. Today I received my SOG Field Pup made in China, and I was unpleasantly surprised - there is a gap in the place where the blade passes into the handle. Was this problem previously with the production of the model in Taiwan, or is it only for Chinese versions? Interestingly, out of the three knives I ordered, this defect is present on all three!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Wurger190

Wurger190 Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 5, 2014
    I would say if the blade isn't loose in the handle I wouldn't worry too much. It's a cheap knife, it will probably hold up pretty well. If it is really not to your liking, return it for exchange or refund. For a little more money you can look at the SEAL Pup, with an excellent FRN handle and better steel.

3. Korean Hog

Korean Hog Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2017
    This
    SEAL Pup should solve your problems.
    That's pretty much what I would expect from ~$20 SOG
    Not knocking anyone that prefers knives in that price range, but issues like this are common.