• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

A few extremely large fixed blades

Triton

Gold Member
So these are sitting on my bench taking up space and have to go. I purchased each of these blades new and none of them has seen any cutting practice at all.

First up is a discontinued Khyber knife by Windlass Steelcrafts. I've been trying to unload this one for a while so I must not have the price right. From their site:

This type of Charay knife (also known as a Charas, Churea and a Salawaryatagan), was first used in Indo-Persia, but quickly spread across the near east, deriving its common name, “Khyber” Knife, from its famed use against the British by the native tribes of the Khyber Pass area. It is still used in Afghanistan, Pakistan and Northern India today. Our offering has an aged finish on the entire knife and scabbard, including the worked and painted brass and buffalo horn grip on a full tang profile with the customary ring at the end of the grip that is often used for a wrist tie-down. The “T” shaped blade has a raised spine along the length of the blade, which allows the blade to be thin to hold a very sharp edge yet remain extremely strong. Made by Windlass Steelcrafts

Back in the day they were asking 165 dollars for this knife. I'm asking 45 dollars shipped. SOLD
karda.JPG

Next up a reproduction 1907 Bayonet, again by Windlass Steelcrafts from their website:

This is a reproduction SMLE No. 1, Mk III early style bayonet. Originals are scarce; early in WWI quillions were officially removed. The blade, which includes British markings, is made from high carbon steel properly tempered for holding a razor edge. All metal has been deeply blued and the wood grips have a rubbed oil appearance. The sheath is made with a leather body and sewn seam up the back with a lozenge style frog. The top and tip are made from metal with a matte black finish. Made by Windlass Steelcrafts.
  • Overall: 22"
  • Blade: 17-1/4" x 1" x 3/16"
  • Wt: 1 lb/2 oz
They are asking 70 dollars for this bayonet, I'm asking 45 shipped.SOLD PENDING FUNDS
1908 Bayonet.JPG

Finally I have this Chinese sword. I'm not sure what it is to be honest. It sort of looks like a katana but then it has that very long handle. Whatever it is, it has a carbon steel blade and may be a heck of a cutter.

Overall Length: 116cm
Blade Length: 72cm
Handle length: 37cm
Blade Width: 3.2cm
Blade Thickness: 0.7cm
Blade Material: Carbon Steel
Sheath Material: Wood+Leather
Fitting Material: Alloy
Weight: 1.6kg

I'm asking 75 dollars shipped for this piece. SOLD
chinese saber.JPG

Note that prices with shipping are for the continental U.S. only. I should also note that I am always open to interesting trades. I'll consider pretty much anything, books, knives, gadgets, flashlights etc.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
At those prices I'll take all three if any or all of the previous sales fall through for any reason. I don't expect that to happen, but one can always hope.

At those prices I'll take all three if any or all of the previous sales fall through for any reason. I don't expect that to happen, but one can always hope.

Thanks for the interest I guess I finally hit the right price point (basically giving them away for shipping :) ) I do have a nice Tod's stuff Rondel dagger I still have to post. If you are interested let me know, I will say it will be a bit more expensive then some of these though, mostly because if I don't sell it I will just put it back in the safe rather than have it take up space on my bench.

Back