A few more first's for me

A friend of mine wanted me to make him a sleek sheath to match his boot knife. This is the first sheath cutting a border with my swivel knife, using the speed beveler, and stitching with my 1950's Singer 15-91 for the chevron and the left side of the belt loop. I made an additional leather strap which goes through the belt loop which is removable with a Chicago screw so he can carry it scout style or mount it to his pack with the two attachment points as well as the traditional belt loop carry. Fully deerskin lined and Hermann Oak veg tan. I think this will be the first sheath I'll be paid for whether it's cash, dinner, or some cold beers.
Happy 4th to all. Thanks
Vinnie

2r2GoFk.jpg

1Gi9OrL.jpg

Last edited:
That's Bad A$$. Where'd you get the speed beveler? I'd love to have one of those.

Very nice work, Vinnie! exceptionally nice finish work. (Your split height is perfect for that knife. re: our phone conversation))

Paul

Thanks Paul. I appreciate it. I drew in a few split heights on my pattern and picked the best one to make sure I kept the sheath as sleek as possible and allowing me to have enough welt width up towards the top of the split.
That 15-91 lays down a great stitch with 69 thread.

Back