A Few New Knives / Sheaths, Blackwood Burl, Sambar Stag

Hi,

Been away from the shop for quite a while this time due to one of my health issues. After losing the use of my left hand I made a couple knives/sheaths but things weren't going so well and decided to take a break. Couldn't stay away very long though (you know how addicting knife making is:)) and started experimenting using different one handed techniques. Things are coming along, still not happy with my style, fit and finish but I'll keep working on it.

Enough of that, on to the knives, 3 are new and 2 are reworks

Feel free to critique

Thanks for looking,
Dave

Please pardon the fuzzy fotos I'll try to take better pics of the Blackwood Burl

I have more photos if anyone wants other views or info. on a knife or sheath

Polished and hand satin finished 1095 blade, Damascus and aged bronze guard, Blackwood Burl handle

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Deer lined w/ roll top, shark inlay, comes w/ 2 blade straps

orig.jpg

Hand satin finish 1095 blade, Damascus bolsters, Sambar Stag on a tapered tang

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Deer lined w/ roll top basket weave tooled pouch sheath

orig.jpg

Hand satin finish 1095 blade, Sambar Stag with red liners on a tapered tang, Paul Long sheath

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Rework Carpathian Elm locking liner folder
orig.jpg

Folder and stag size comparison
orig.jpg

Group pic.
orig.jpg

VERY nice on all levels Dave.

Sorry to hear of the health issues, but it is easy to see that you are persevering.

Pleasure to see your knives, I especially like the little stag one and the folder.

Peter

beautiful knives , sir!

please show first knife on group pics, with brown/black sheath ..
thank you
greetings
Denis

Welcome back Dave! Those knives and sheaths are stellar....:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Always GREAT to see another great post of great knives by a great maker and great guy! All the best Dave! –Phil

please show first knife on group pics, with brown/black sheath ..
thank you
greetings
Denis

Hi Denis,
I made this knife/sheath last year, there was no interest so decided to rework some things (hopefully for the better:)). It may be one of those that needs to be seen and handled in person, if it doesn't sell this time around I'll hold it for a show.
Thanks!

Hand satin finished 7" 1095 blade (there is a bit of a cloudy hamon but I didn't polish it out) Bronze guard and fittings, stabilized Box Elder Burl handle
orig.jpg

I couldn't take a better pic today showing the wood so I'm recycling this one
orig.jpg

WOW Dave - that knife looks awesome ..
beautiful wood and guard! I like recurve blades...
Today I made two recurve blades ..
thanks a lot for these photos ..
I am delighted with a knife, especially handle
Denis

Gorgeous knives...all of them. Congratulations for your continuing success in making beautiful knives!

Really fine work, Dave, as always from you.....beautiful knives. :)

Really like that third one, with the sambar and the raised clip. Aggressive-looking sucker.

"...with one hand tied behind his back."
Wow. Wonderful work, Dave.

Great looking Knives Dave. Your knives were some of the first that inspired me to get into knifemaking.
I am very sorry about your health problems and I am sure glad to have you back.

Back