A few outdoor and knife pictures from the last weekend

Hey everybody,

I stayed in a small holiday/weekend house a week ago and took some pictures for your and my entertainment. Here they go:

Beautiful forest area where I made a small hike (one hour). I know this area very well, I come back to it multiple times a year.
Lots of wild raspberries and blueberries this season. And even some edible mushrooms already.

_R002016.JPG

_R002044.JPG

_R002034.JPG

_R002019.JPG

Of course I also played with a couple of knives. The big one is a simple scandi camp knife I have designed, something like a full tang leuku.
The blade was made by a german knife maker. The handle job is very basic/rough, just a piece of beech I had laying around and some brass pins. I made and shaped it by myself so it fits my hand wonderfully. The wood is coated with boiled linseed oil. I also made the dangler sheath which came out pretty nicely. Handle length is just under 5", blade length just over 8". Thickness is 4mm.

The small knife Is completely designed and made by myself, except for the heat treating which has been done professionally. I wanted to make a very small and light scandi knife that can do a lot of chores and is easy to resharpen in the field. Blade thickness is only 2mm, steel is the german equivalent to 1095. I really like how it came out and I carry it with me almost every day since I made it 3 months ago. Handle and blade length just a bit less than 4". The pins are made of an old steel nail.

_R001982.JPG

_R001984.JPG

_R001990.JPG

_R001987.JPG

_R001991.JPG

_R001992.JPG

_R001972.JPG

_R001969.JPG

_R001973.JPG

_R001978.JPG

_R001980.JPG

Butterfly had to be rescued from inside the house.

_R001957.JPG

Impressive night sky with hidden full moon.

_R001954.JPG

_R001943.JPG

I'll head back tomorrow early in the morning for a second weekend in that beautiful area, this time with a buddy.
might have some more pics to share afterwards!

Thanks for looking and hope you enjoyed it!

ll.

Nice knives. The small one looks like it would make a good carver/whittler too.

Thanks guys! Used both knives again this weekend and I really like them. Indeed the small one makes a good carving knife, too.
The large one showed off its strength while battoning through 12 cm bone dry beech wood. :thumbup:

I really really love the small knife .. Do you make them to sell if so I'll take 1. Beautiful pics too !

I really really love the small knife .. Do you make them to sell if so I'll take 1. Beautiful pics too !

Thank you! Sorry to say I don't sell them, it was just a basement project. I can give you the exact specs if you want to try to make your own and
will also answer your questions regarding how I made it if you like, that's all I can offer.

Wow, that is a winner!

Thanks, I must say I am indeed very satisfied with it, it works great for me.

I live in a small apt with no real tools to speak of I had to sell them when I got injured overseas so making 1 just isn't possible for me....but I love that knife. Great job man!

wow.. looks like a great place. very nice work on the knives too. thanks for sharing.

Back