A few that my "one arm/hand" can turn out.

DavidHoback

If you see me posting, remind me to STFU & leave.
Yes, no kidding. I was in an accident in 2014, which disabled me & paralyzed my left arm/hand. I have a thread from the beginning, but never posted any pictures. I have been blessed by The Lord with these abilities, and I give God all thanks.

This one is recent. I designed it by accident, & it just works!

Same knife with Lignum Vitae scales. This was a gift to my hunting buddy in Arizona who told me it is the best hunting knife he's ever had.

Specs: CPM3V steel at 60hrc. Blade is about 3.5" long, 4" handle and is just .090" thick.

This model is my favorite. It went through a few phases to get to this.

Again, CPM3V @ 60hrc, the blade is just over 4.5"
Long, as well as the handle.

This was my first model. Made for my friend Michael Barton, aka "Bushcraftbartons" on YouTube. He told me what he wanted, and I sketched it out, then emailed him a picture. Took 3 sketches, and he gave a thumbs up!

And finally a chefs knife I designed. It has about 6.5" long, but it's 2" wide. This one is in the only other steel I use, cpm20cv, which I believe to be the ideal steel for all kitchen knives.

Thank you sir! I am very lucky. Just to be alive. But being able to make these knives is what keeps me focused. When your disabled, there is only so much tv you can watch before it is all so boring! As I said, God blessed with with a "builders mind". I also made my chemical-electrical marking/etching machine, and very soon I will be building a billet aluminum construction, 2"x72" grinder. I'm just about done building a new stone sharpener from billet aluminum(it's very close to the Edge Pro, but it's all billet, & the weaknesses removed). To this point I have only been using my trusty Dayton 2"x48" belt grinder. And it has been wonderful. But, the time has come for a 2x72. Hopefully I can sell the 2x48 Dayton.

Back