• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

A Found Case of CRKT Knives

I posted this earlier today over on KnifeForums which I cxan still access at work:

"I just received the oddest phone call. A person said that he had purchased a used car a bit ago and that it had a case with some 20 CRKT knives in what appeared to be new condition in the trunk. He had picked my name out of the air as a dealer which is not accurate since I do not deal in knives. He is trying to sell them. I have no idea of the veracity of that story, only what he told me. I muat admit to being at a loss as to what to do now."

I must add that, upon consideration, the whole thing smells pretty fishy to me. The guy is in the Columbus, Ohio area andmay be trying to sell them at gunshows. If any of you run into this, be very suspicious.

Might well be ill gotten. But I can't see why he'd bother to go to the trouble of fabricating such a stupid story. 20 CRKT knives would hardly cause a big stir to get rid of. Not like they have serial # and are worth a lot. He could just sale the things and nobody would raise an eyebrow. IMO

Sounds like he's trying to run some kind of scam on you.

How do you know this guy? I'd definitely be suspicious if somebody called me out of the blue trying to sell 20 NIB CRKTs.

If you don't know this person, I'd be more concerned about how he got your number :confused:

If this deal goes through, around the end of the month, sign me up for 8 CRKT's please.

I'm getting some extra cash this month, from helping out a buddy with some diplomatic red tape - concerning his recently deceased father's estate in Nigeria :D

If you want to get really spooky, he called me on my cell phone. If it had been on my office or my home phone, I would have been less puzzled. And, yes, I am, trying to track how he got my number.

I have very strong suspicions that the whole thing is crooked. The Nigerian Scam had not occurred to me. Thanks, guys. I suspect that it is a good bet. I suggest that we be on the lookout for any other such crap.

Administrators, someone is using either BladeForums or KnifeForums to shop potential scam victims. I suggest that you all might want to warn the members.

Administrators, someone is using either BladeForums or KnifeForums to shop potential scam victims.

I don't quite see how you arrived at that conclusion, unless you posted your phone number on both forums.... Anyway, this belongs in TGB&U.
moving-van.jpg

I can see how he could Google a home or office number, but a cell phone? Did he know your name, or was it a REALLY cold call, coincidentally (yeah, I know :rolleyes: ) getting a knife knut?

More likely, someone who knows someone who knows you.
Is your cell phone # on file with your employer's HR office?

Mr. Fuller did you get an e-mail from me. I sent it yesterday. I put some information in there for you. Let me know if it didn't go through.

Take care.

Cougar, he said that he had found me on an internet forum. I can only assume either BladeForums or KnifeForums since he wasn't trying to sell me any swords.

Also, I had put it in the General Forum where the broadest possible membership would see it and be warned. You al do with it as you see fit, but I firmly believe that this guy is trying to scam knife knuts.

To be forewarned is to be forearmed.

Back