(Closed) A GAW / Tribute to our friend. Bob - BigBiscuit *Winners added see Post #143*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, Paul, Ron, and Duncan for your generosity in honoring a fine and generous man.
Bob exemplifies the best spirit of 'the porch.'

I totally agree with all the props given to Mark for his generosity. :thumbup::thumbup:
But based on this post in the "Totin' Today" thread a few days ago, Mark strikes me as even more of a generous class act than many of us might realize!! :eek::cool::cool:

- GT

Yup, I noticed that.
So I'm in, and if I win, please send the prize to Markesharp. :)

NOT AN ENTRY!

But I want to thank you guys for the gesture. Bob is a fine guy. I hope he will recovery soon and fast!

All my best wishes to Bob! Stay strong, my friend!

I'm in.

I don't have a particular story about Bob, or knives from him. I wish you peace and comfort now and in the times ahead. I like reading everyone's posts and looking at pictures posted on the forum, but I always seem to pause when I run across one of your posts. First, I laugh a little at your avatar. Then I ponder a bit about your signature quoted below:

"When the World is at Peace, a gentleman keeps his Sword by his side." - Wu Tsu

Take care sir, I hope you enjoy your time here as much as other enjoy reading your posts. I hope your Grandson is able to come to some acceptance with what's going on and is at peace with it. His concern for you says a lot about you.

I am in.
I don't say a whole lot on this forum but do read it everyday when I get time and I don't know Bob other than reading his posts. But in some strange way the people on this sub forum seem to be people I know thanks to our amazing technology nowadays. I would be honored to be in the running for such a fine knife. Thank you Bob for being a part of this great forum and I will be praying for you!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm in! Great tribute! Bob prayers headed your way.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Best wishes to Bob. I have always seen his generosity and good advice on these boards. Probably he is the only user name and avatar I know by heart here.

It is heartwrenching to hear this... I have lost my grandfather and my mother to cancer so I am familiar with this plight...
My wife used to volunteer for the children's ward for a terminal children's hospice and my few visits there changed my overview on life.

Best of health to you Bob... the doctors aren't always right... they told my mother she had 3 months left and she lived for another 6 years...

Thank you guys for the generosity, I didn't mean to enter as I just won a gorgeous knife here, but the stag one is jaw-droppingly beautiful...

Wow, I loved reading all the stories here in this thread. I was a lurker in the traditionals section, and in the Lounge for a bit before I joined BF. I haven't had the pleasure of having a direct conversation with Bob, but I have read many of his posts and conversations with others. He is always humble and kind, is knowledgeable, and giving. Him and others like him are what drew me into joining and feeling welcome in this section of BF. I wish him strength, courage, and luck in his journeys ahead.

Also, thank you to the generous men giving away the 3 lovely knives. I am in.

I am in

On a superficial level, I always smile when I see Bobs avatar. It makes my day. It must have some reflection on his personality.

I have had nothing more than a cursory interaction with Bob, I think as a relative new comer to the porch, he was already sick. But all of the out pouring from people who knew him speaks volumes. I wish the best for you and your family.

Joe

I bought this barlow 77 Sheepsfoot from Bob around 9 months ago. He added the EO notch. Great guy on this porche.
Thank you Duncan, Paul, and Ron.
I'm in.

20151117.jpg

Nicely done easy open mod. :thumbup:

Thoughts and prayers for you, Bob. I'm happy that you are surrounded by friends and family. If my entry wins, please send the knife to Bob.

I am in. I don't know you Bob, but have read many of your posts. I've also seen your impact on this small community. Thanks for your contribution.

Oh come on now, you guys didn't think I wasn't going to post did you!? I'm in!

Bob, I can't echo enough about what has been said about you. It's been fun talking knives and Harley's with you, buying, selling, just commenting on each other's pictures, and also making fun of some of the stuff we've read in the threads (all in good humor of course, don't get worried everyone!). It's been great for sure bud.

You ain't gone yet either...lets all remember that!

Ron, I won that Case Copperlock from you a while back and kept it tucked away. Well, my friend was trying to cut something with his abomination of a pocket knife....yep, I had just had to give him the Case. He loves it and was really appreciative. I told him where it came from so he knows not to lose it!

So, if I win, I will be giving the knife away. It will go to my brother this time though. He is in the process of taking over a farm and I know he'll carry it and use it. Then again, he might stash it away....never can figure your siblings out haha.

Thanks Ron, Paul, Duncan, what a great gesture. If you ever need anything, don't hesitate to get a hold of me, even if it's just an extra salsa jar for Paul! (Duncan, I hope he let you use a proper rocks glass on your visit lol).

Not an entry
Prayers, smoke, thoughts all going out to Bob and his family! Fight this thing. You are one of the good guys! Steven

I am in.

Bob, I don't know you except from here. My heart goes out to you. This year, cancer took my 9 year old pup Dock. Cancer took my uncle's father in law, Walt. Cancer took my uncle Gary, just recently. Cancer has taken my uncle Eddie several years ago. Cancer has taken many of my family and friends.

I don't have anything to tell you other than my prayers are going to you, your family and all of those afflicted with the disease. When it comes down to it, Carl said, Don't cry for those that can't cry for you. All of these pretty knives are just material things.

Holy Cow, what a giveaway and what a guy Bob is! I have traded and bought/sold knives with Bob on many occasions in the past and specifically remember 2 special knives from him.

GEC Montana Workhorse:

Northwoods Norfolk:

I'm in.
Over the past couple of years, I've learned a lot about traditionals from Bob through his posts and messaged him back and forth a bit with questions. But, the main thing I've learned is simply what a good guy he is. I'm fortunate in that I was able to have first choice in Bob's last GAW. I've commented to him on multiple occasions about how much I admire the modifications he's made to some of his knives. Now I'll get to carry one of those knives.

Thank you, Bob, for helping make this porch such a wonderful place.

And, thank you guys for the opportunity to enter this GAW.

I am in. Best wishes and prayers for Bob. Great folks in this forum. I am proud to be associated with Bob and the rest of you fine gentlemen. My latest GEC acquisition:

100_3527%20-%20Copy_zps2llefkwg.jpg

Nice wee little knife!

Thanks guys for the giveaway!

Ed J

Thank you all for the very kind words, love, support and prayers. I was hoping that by suspending the treatments, I'd be feeling a bit better. Unfortunately it hasn't been going that way. Quite the opposite in fact. Hopefully that will change. All these posts here in this wonderful GAW have been so uplifting and a great morale boost. You're all a great bunch to call my friends, but I feel that we are more than just friends here. Brothers and sisters more so.
Thank you to Paul, Ron and Duncan for doing this.

We are all in your corner Bob, very sorry to hear that you are not feeling better yet : ( I am praying/hoping it will improve with a little more time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back