(Closed) A GAW / Tribute to our friend. Bob - BigBiscuit *Winners added see Post #143*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in tears reading Bob's original post for his GAW. My best friend just lost his mother, and the hardest part of that was her not having been able to express her wishes to her family in a way that made it clear. My friend had to make some difficult decisions, that he will be questioning for the rest of his life. The fact that Bob is aware of what's going on, and has made his wishes clear, goes a long way in giving peace to his family, no matter what happens.

I didn't post in that one, as I didn't feel I knew him well enough to warrant a knife from him. But, I feel fine partaking in this GAW in his honor.

My prayers and good wishes go out to Bob "BigBiscuit" May God's blessing be on you and yours. Your generosity has surely created stores of treasure in Heaven for you.

If I win this, I'd like to give it to my best friend, who could benefit from the good will of this forum, and hopefully make a Traditional Knife Carrying convert out of him.

Thank you guys for your generous giveaway! I'm in.
Bob, I can not imagine what you and your family are going through right now. I have met so many people on this forum since joining a couple years ago. The vast majority of them have come and gone, but you have become a permanent thread in this little corner of the Internet. You and many other people just like yourself are the reason this sight has consumed so much of my free time over the last two years.
You and your family will remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you Marko. You made a young man very happy. My grandson was all giddy when I showed him this one. :cool::D:thumbup:

Bob is a stalwart of the Porch and as good as they come. When he saw that I owned a Coppersmith Barlow, he sent me a copper dogtag for my key chain, just because he knew they would compliment one another. Out of the blue...just like that. :thumbup: I carry it with pride, as a reminder of his example.

Thank you Paul, Ron and Duncan for organizing and donating to this GAW. It's a fitting tribute to Bob and a great way to let him know how much we remember him and care about him. It would be a honor for anyone to carry a memento knife.

Bob I hope you have many good days ahead of you. Days filled with family, friends and fishing for Striped Sea Bass. :thumbup:

2015-03-31%2016.36.24.jpg

Thank you Marko. You made a young man very happy. My grandson was all giddy when I showed him this one. :cool::D:thumbup:

Bob - That is a beautiful thing to behold. I bet the look on your grandsons face was priceless.:D
Mark I want to personally thank you my friend. Your generosity is a wonderful thing. :thumbup:

Bob - That is a beautiful thing to behold. I bet the look on your grandsons face was priceless.:D
Mark I want to personally thank you my friend. Your generosity is a wonderful thing. :thumbup:

Well said Ron. Bo will love that Bob and WAY TO GO MARK. Now go walk that new dog Mark:cool:;):D

The porch is a great place.
The generosity and caring remind us that there is still a lot of good in this old world.

I'm in.

I said I'm in in an earlier post, but I thought I'd share some pictures of Bob's generosity with a few pictures of a knife I received from his last GAW. Some of you know he likes to tinker with knives a bit so you might notice he's changed the shape of the blade a bit, and he also rounded that bullet end point a bit. I'm honored to receive it and have a part of him in it. He truly is the heart of this porch to me.

I'm glad you're liking it Todd. It was really good talking to you today. I felt like we could have gone on for hours. :D:thumbup:

That is SUCH an awesome thing to do bob - Mark - you are a great guy - thank you for this.

Bob, please accept my apologies, I AM going to launch a couple more knives off in the for sales Thread ( Traditional of course ) this week, I was hoping that I could do it this weekend, but each of my daughters visited in on both days this weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
I said I'm in in an earlier post, but I thought I'd share some pictures of Bob's generosity with a few pictures of a knife I received from his last GAW. Some of you know he likes to tinker with knives a bit so you might notice he's changed the shape of the blade a bit, and he also rounded that bullet end point a bit. I'm honored to receive it and have a part of him in it. He truly is the heart of this porch to me.

Thank you for sharing that awesome 85.:thumbup: Bob did a great job on that one making it one of a kind. I think we agree that is exactly what Bob is also! ;)

That is SUCH an awesome thing to do bob - Mark - you are a great guy - thank you for this.

Bob, please accept my apologies, I AM going to launch a couple more knives off in the for sales Thread ( Traditional of course ) this week, I was hoping that I could do it this weekend, but each of my daughters visited in on both days this weekend.
Nothing to apologize for Duncan. You're a great friend and that is enough for me. Family comes first pal. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back