(Closed) A GAW / Tribute to our friend. Bob - BigBiscuit *Winners added see Post #143*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was too late for the competition but just wanted to add my bit too . I believe Bob was the first person that I bought a knife from when I joined the forum. I have since gone on to by a number of knifes from him. He has always been really good to deal with and professional in his ethics.

I wish you all the best Bob, the world could do with more Bobs.

Last edited:
Thanks for running such a great GAW as a tribute to a great member. Congrats to the winners!

Congrats to all the winners. Thanks to Paul, Ron and Duncan for what's you've done here.

Well, I've been sleeping most of the day. It's been a tough day for me. I've been too weak to even get out of bed all day. I just now remembered about this GAW. Ron had called me last night and mentioned it.
Congrats to the winners. This GAW had first rate prizes which were representative of the three sponsors. Duncan, Paul, and Ron are three amazing people and I couldn't ask for any better friends. Everyone that participated had way too kind words. I said it before, I feel like the luckiest and richest man in the world just having so many good friends that have welcomed me into the fold affectionately known as the porch.
Thank you all for your support of words, prayers, donations, etc..

My congrats to the winners and my thanks to Paul , Ron , and Duncan for doing the GAW .
My prayers are for you and your family Bob .

Harry

Ron, Paul and Duncan,
Thank You for the chance in Your very generous give away.

Congratulations to the winners.

Bob,
You and Your family are in My thoughts and prayers.

Congrats to the 3 lucky winners, and very big thank you to the 3 donors, and "take care" to BigBiscuit. I wish you well.

Congrats to the winners. This was a very cool tribute GAW. Thanks to Bob, Ron, Paul and Duncan for everything you do, and have done, for the guys on the Porch.

Look what showed up in the mail today. I could not be more excited!! The Washington Jack is gorgeous--everything you'd expect from a beautiful handle material like Smooth Ivory Bone and a maker like GEC.

More than looks even, this knife will remind me of Ron, the giver, and Duncan and Paul who all co-hosted this generous giveaway; and of course the knife will remind me of Bob. It is sheer pleasure being able to carry something and be reminded of these fine folk. :thumbup:

Here's a photo or two of a knife already imbued with many memories:

IMG_8554_zps5pjnmawu.jpg

IMG_8552_zpsmcqdbxlh.jpg

Thanks again to Ron, Duncan and Paul, and of course Big Biscuit Bob who is the ultimate inspiration!!:thumbup:

Last edited:
Very Nice Robb what beautiful smooth bone, talk about a classy worker, Robust to handle all sorts of chores and lookin good while doin it. CONGRATS on such a fine knife:cool::thumbup:

Thank you for you kind remarks Robb. You kind sir, along with Jack and David are a very deserving trio of winners. I am thankful to Duncan and Paul for all the hard work and beautiful knives they devoted to this GAW and on Bob's behalf on the exchange. I am grateful to all the members here that have helped Bob. I won't attempt to mention all their names because I would probably forget someone. I am most grateful to my friend Bob for everything thing that he brings to this place. Prayers are sent your way every day my friend. And lastly Robb, I certainly don't remember that WJ looking that good! :rolleyes::eek: Hope you enjoy that one for many many years. :D

Mine came in as well the other day, along with a few others. A first for me, GEC liner lock! but gotta dig that stag! Thanks again Paul, Ron and Duncan for putting this all together! Bob keep those spirits up buddy!

I got the Barlow. Thanks to all involved. If I ever learn how to post pics, I will share and share.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back