A Gentlemans Spyderco....does it exist

I have a liner less Chokwe I always choose, because it's ultra lite.

NdhKIRH.jpg

Couple that I don't think have been mentioned and might be worth consideration are the Baby Horn sprint which is still available and the recently released stainless Kopa sprint.

Carrying my brand new Manix 2 ultra lite ! :) About the same size wise as my PM2, but much lighter, dont even feel like its in my pocket. Love the ball detent lock too.

Spyderco Sage 2 Ti liner lock. I find this to be the perfect knife for dress pants, or jeans for that matter. Excellent EDC knife!

I am a traditional slipjoint knife guy usually but I recently bought a Spyderco Pingo that I really like, its pretty basic and has no washers or liners, just the FRN scales bearing on the blade pivot.. I would like to see if there is a spyderco out there which is a bit more upmarket.... It need to be 3.5 inches closed, plain blade, has phosphor bronze bearings that I could use as an office carry withou scaring anyone. I have done a little research but find there are so many spyderco models that its really confusing.

Does anyone have any recommendations ?

I am 6'5" 325 lbs, I consider a slim Police stainless a lovely gentlemen's knife.

10pwwld.jpg

My Volpe suits...well, a suit just fine. Nice olive inlays. Great fit and finish. No scary serrations and moderately sized. No william henry good looks but william henry is no spyderco performance wise(or budget).

I generally keep my “real” knife accessible but a traditional or smaller SAK for such occasions. Maybe sub a roadie, clipit(blade+scissors)or dyad jr if you want to keep it in the family...

The Mantra is pretty classy but I'm not sure if a flipper fits the gentleman folder definition.

I'll suggest the Para3 blurple. It is a purple/blue color with highly polished stainless accents, so it doesn't say tactical. It's full flat blade is finished in a very nice satin brushed finish that has bright flash at just the right angle, it's overall look is closer to that of some types of jewelry than a knife per se. If that doesn't say gentleman's knife, I don't know what does. To me, a slip joint says bumpkin's knife, or someone who just doesn't know that technology has advanced.

Back